Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts ancient appears Assyria called captivity carried chapter Christ Christian Chron circumstance concerning contains custom David death Deut divine East edit Egypt evident Exod expression frequently give given Greek hand Hebrew Holy Isaiah Israel Israelites Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Josephus Judah Judg kind kingdom Kings land Lord Luke manner Mark Matt means mentioned Moses nature observed offered origin particular passage Persians person predictions present priests probably prophecy prophet Psal psalms punishment received referred reign respect Roman sacred says Scripture Sect Solomon sometimes supposed temple termed thing tion Travels tribes various viii whole worship writers xviii xxii
160. oldal - But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
160. oldal - The Son of man goeth as it is written of him : but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed ! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. 25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.
245. oldal - A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
214. oldal - Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies.
104. oldal - Gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
189. oldal - If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to-morrow we die.
280. oldal - Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud : and he shall hear my voice.
160. oldal - When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room...
235. oldal - Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
108. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.