Sermons on Various Subjects, Evangelical, Devotional and Practical: Adapted to the Promotion of Christian Piety, Family Religion, and Youthful Virtue, 5. kötet
by Isaiah Thomas, Jun.; Sold at his respective bookstores in Boston and Worcester., 1810
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptance affliction againſt angels apoſtle appear attend becauſe believe bleſſing body called cauſe character Chriſt Chriſtians comfort command condition continue danger death divine duty earth effect enter eternal evil faith fall fear feel firſt flood friends give glory God's goſpel grace guilt hand hath hear heart heaven Hence himſelf holy hope houſe important iniquity inſtructions Jeſus Jews judge judgment king kingdom knowledge live look Lord manner means mind moſt muſt nature never obſerve ourſelves prayer preſence promiſe providence puniſhment reaſon receive redeemed regard religion repentance righteouſneſs ſaid ſalvation ſame Saviour ſays ſee ſeek ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſouls ſpeak Spirit ſtate ſtill ſuch teach temple themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thoughts throne tion truth turn unto uſe virtue wiſdom worſhip young youth
32. oldal - God ; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
320. oldal - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you : but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
27. oldal - Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded : yea, many strong men have been slain by her. Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
362. oldal - Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.
23. oldal - The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
58. oldal - Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock. And I went out after him, and smote him and delivered it out of his mouth ; and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
367. oldal - THE heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
304. oldal - Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under foot.
264. oldal - Behold, I go forward, but he is not there ; and backward, but I cannot perceive him : on the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him : he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him : but he knoweth the way that I take : when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.