A History and Explanation of the Stamp Duties: Containing Remarks on the Origin of Stamp Duties, a History of the Duties in this Country ... an Explanation of the System and Administration of the Tax, Observations on the Stamp Duties in Foreign Countries and the Stamp Laws at Present in Force in the United Kingdom, with Notes, Appendices, and a Copious Index
Longmans, Green, and Company, 1873 - 380 oldal
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
34 Vict ACT AND EXEMPTION adhesive stamp Admiralty admission affidavit aforesaid agreement alterations amend amount annuity appointment articles of clerkship bill of exchange bond Britain centimes certificate charge chargeable with duty consideration contained contract contract note conveyance on sale copy copyhold court deeds denoted duly stamped duty in respect edition effected enactments exceed exceeding executed foreign forfeit the sum France heritable Inland Revenue instru instrument chargeable King's Inns lease or tack letter or power licence licensed to deal Lincoln's Inn Majesty ment MORTGAGE paid paper payment penalty percentage duties person policies pounds practice printed opposite Probate promissory note provisions purchase receipts reduced reference relating repealed scale Scotland sea insurance society solicitor SPECIAL REGULATIONS Stamp Act stamp duties stamp laws surrender or grant taxation term thereof thereto tion transactions transfer United Kingdom unstamped valorem duty warrant whole Act
331. oldal - Part thereof; and in case of any Loss or Misfortune, it shall be lawful to the Assured, their Factors, Servants, and Assigns, to sue, labour, and travel for, in and about the Defence, Safeguard and Recovery of the said Goods and Merchandises and Ship, Ac., or any Part thereof, without Prejudice to this Insurance; to the Charges whereof we, the Assurers, will contribute, each one according to the Rate and Quantity of his sum herein assured.
185. oldal - And all bills, drafts, or orders, for the payment of any sum of money out of any particular fund, which may or may not be available...
247. oldal - ... and, where the same respectively shall be made as a security for the repayment of money to be thereafter lent, advanced, or paid, or which may become due upon an account current, together with any sum already advanced or due, or without, as the case may be...
331. oldal - ... until she hath moored at anchor twenty-four hours in good safety; and upon the goods and merchandises, until the same be there discharged and safely landed.
332. oldal - ... And so we the Assurers are contented, and do hereby promise and bind ourselves, each one for his own Part, our Heirs, Executors, and Goods, to the Assured, their Executors, Administrators and Assigns, for the true Performance of the Premises, confessing ourselves paid the Consideration due unto us for this Assurance by the Assured at and after the Rate of IN WITNESS whereof, we the Assurers have Subscribed our Names and Sums assured in LONDON.
279. oldal - ... which is to be cancelled by the person by whom the instrument is first executed.
330. oldal - Be it known that as well in own name as for and in the name and names of all and every other person or persons to whom the same doth, may, or shall appertain, in part or in all...
331. oldal - People, of what Nation, Condition or Quality soever, Barratry of the Master and Mariners, and of all other Perils, Losses, and Misfortunes that have or shall come to the Hurt, Detriment, or Damage of the said Goods and Merchandises and Ship, etc., or any Part thereof...