Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection appear attention authority believe blessing body brother called cause character Christ Christian church circumstances considerable continued conversation course Cowper dear death desire divine doctrine early engaged excellent expect expressed faith father feel give given gospel grace hand happy hear heart holy honor hope Hoxton human hymns important influence interesting Jesus John kind labors learned least less letter live Lord Luther manner means meet Melancthon mind minister ministry nature never object observed occasion opinion peace perhaps period persons pleased pleasure prayer preached preachers present principles prove reason received religion religious remarks respect Scripture seemed societies soon soul speak Spencer spirit suffered sure thing thought tion true truth views Wesley whole wish write
247. oldal - Through the dear might of Him that walked the waves, Where other groves and other streams along, With nectar pure his oozy locks he laves, And hears the unexpressive nuptial song In the blest kingdoms meek of joy and love. There entertain him all the Saints above, In solemn troops, and sweet societies, That sing, and singing in their glory move, And wipe the tears for ever from his eyes.
59. oldal - Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins? Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.
272. oldal - Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
199. oldal - One family we dwell in him, One church above, beneath, Though now divided by the stream, The narrow stream, of death. One army of the living God, To his command we bow ; Part of his host have crossed the flood, And part are crossing now.
263. oldal - Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy and rejoice with you all.
110. oldal - SAVE me, O God ; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
272. oldal - In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
237. oldal - Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: and this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
191. oldal - He looks abroad into the varied field Of nature, and, though poor perhaps compared With those whose mansions glitter in his sight, Calls the delightful scenery all his own. His are the mountains, and the valleys his, And the resplendent rivers. His to enjoy With a propriety that none can feel, But who, with filial confidence inspired, Can lift to Heaven an unpresumptuous eye, And smiling say —