Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
act of parliament advocate aforesaid appear appointed archbishop Assembly authority barrister bill bishop burgh called cause church of England city or borough civil claim clergy commission commissioners committed common law conviction council court of session crime criminal crown death declared duty ecclesiastical election enacted entitled established estates execution felony freehold granted guilty heirs Henry Henry VIII house of lords indictment Ireland judges judgment jurisdiction jury justice king king's kingdom knights lands liable liberty lord lord advocate magistrate majesty majesty's marriage ment minister oath offence outer house overseers parish party passed peace penalties person point first described poll pounds presbytery present prisoner privileges prosecution punishment realm reign repealed respect returning officer road royal Scotland settlement sheriff shire statute straight line teinds thence thereof tion tithes town clerk township treason trial vote voters writ
46. oldal - I, AB, do swear that I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position that princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever. And I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, preeminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm...
629. oldal - So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself; for no man ever yet hated his own flesh, but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
139. oldal - Do that which is good, and thou shall have praise of the same : for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid ; for he beareth not the sword in vain : for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
326. oldal - For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for...
139. oldal - ... for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
628. oldal - Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
628. oldal - But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband : and let not the husband put away his wife.
328. oldal - I do declare, that I do not believe, that the Pope of Rome, or any other foreign prince, prelate, person, state or potentate, hath or ought to have any temporal or civil jurisdiction, power, superiority or pre-eminence, directly or indirectly, within this realm.
93. oldal - It hath sovereign and uncontrollable authority in the making, confirming, enlarging, restraining, abrogating, repealing, reviving, and expounding of laws concerning matters of all possible denominations, ecclesiastical or temporal, civil, military, maritime, or criminal: this being the place where that absolute despotic power, which must in all governments reside somewhere, is entrusted by the constitution of these kingdoms.