Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Africa Alabama territory American ancient Anthemion appears banks beautiful Bible bill called cause character Christian Church committee communication Connecticut river considerable Crawley earth Edrisi effect established Europe excited exhibit eyes favour feelings feet genera genus give happy heart honour House human Indians institutions interest island Killington Peak king labours Lady lake land Lapland learned letter Lord manner means ment miles mind moral mountains Mussulmen nation native nature neral never New-York Niger object observed passed Pennsylvania persons petrifactions possession present President racter Rafinesque received rendered respect rience river rock SAMUEL L Scriptures Senate Seneca lake Seneca River sent Society Spain species spirit tain Testament thing tion tree truth United Wangara whole
409. oldal - An Iris sits, amidst the infernal surge, Like Hope upon a death-bed, and, unworn Its steady dyes, while all around is torn By the distracted waters, bears serene Its brilliant hues with all their beams unshorn : Resembling, 'mid the torture of the scene.
146. oldal - From the view taken of this subject, founded on all the information that we have been able to obtain, there is good cause to be satisfied with the course heretofore pursued by the United States, in regard to this contest, and to conclude, that it is proper to adhere to it, especially in the present state of affairs.
417. oldal - There is a tide in the affairs of men, That, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune ; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
94. oldal - O, madam, if ever ye kend what it was to sorrow for and with a sinning and a suffering creature, whose mind is sae tossed that she can be neither ca'd fit to live or die, have some compassion on our misery ! — Save an honest house from dishonour, and an unhappy girl, not eighteen years of age, from...
431. oldal - Muhometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
67. oldal - The American Bible Society, of which the sole object shall be to encourage a wider circulation of the Holy Scriptures without note or comment.
146. oldal - ... proper to adhere to it, especially, in the present state of affairs. I have great satisfaction in stating, that our relations with France, Russia, and other powers, continue on the most friendly basis. In our domestic concerns we have ample • MUM- of satisfaction.
145. oldal - Jackson to enter Florida in pursuit of the Seminoles care was taken not to encroach on the rights of Spain. I regret to have to add that in executing this order facts were disclosed respecting the conduct of the officers of Spain in authority there in encouraging the war, furnishing munitions of war and other supplies to carry it on, and in other acts not less marked which evinced their participation in the hostile purposes of that combination and justified the confidence with which it inspired the...