Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
administration affairs American annual appointed arbitration archives Association authority body Boston boundary British bull cabinet called Canada Canadian century Charles Church claims College colonial commission committee common Congress Constitution convention copies council court crown December direct edition England English established executive fact Federal France French George give given governor grant Henry History House important influence institutions interest island John King land legislative legislature letter Lord March marks matters measure meeting ment Michigan minister ministry nature North opinion parliament parliamentary party passed period political practical present President principles printed provinces question records reference relating representative respect responsible Review says Secretary Senate slave slavery Society South territory tion trade treaty Union United University volume Washington Wisconsin York
146. oldal - ... incorporated in the Union of the United States, and admitted as soon as possible, according to the principles of the Federal constitution, to the enjoyment of all the rights, advantages, and immunities of citizens of the United States; and in the meantime they shall be maintained and protected in the free enjoyment of their liberty, property, and the religion which they profess.
136. oldal - It is impossible that the Allied Powers should extend their political system to any portion of either continent without endangering our peace and happiness ; nor can any one believe that our southern brethren, if left to themselves, would adopt it of their own accord. It is equally Impossible, therefore, that we should behold such interposition in any form with indifference.
313. oldal - WHEREAS the Provinces of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick have expressed their Desire to be federally united into One Dominion under the Crown of the United Kingdom...
142. oldal - They are legislative courts, created in virtue of the general right of sovereignty which exists in the government, or in virtue of that clause which enables congress to make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory belonging to the United States.
398. oldal - A History of Our Own Times, from the Accession of Queen Victoria to the General Election of 1880.
19. oldal - Thucydides and have studied and admired the master states of the world — that for solidity of reasoning, force of sagacity, and wisdom of conclusion, under such a complication of difficult circumstances, no nation or body of men can stand in preference to the general congress at Philadelphia.
146. oldal - The inhabitants of the ceded territory shall be incorporated in the Union of the United States and admitted as soon as possible according to the principles of the federal Constitution to the enjoyment of all the rights, advantages and immunities of citizens of the United States, and in the mean time they shall be maintained and protected in the free enjoyment of their liberty, property and the Religion which they profess.
151. oldal - That, as an express and fundamental condition to the acquisition of any territory from the Republic of Mexico by the United States, by virtue of any treaty that may be negotiated between them, and to the use by the Executive of the moneys herein appropriated, neither Slavery nor involuntary servitude shall ever exist in any part of said territory, except for crime, whereof the party shall first be duly convicted.