« ElőzőTovább »
portion of their railway, and to sell or grant a lease of their undertaking to the Midland and Lancaster and Carlisle Railway Companies.
136. For authorising the London and South-Western Railway Company and others to make deviations from their authorised lines of railway and other works; and for authorising divers other matters affecting that company and other companies and undertakings; and for other purposes.
137. For the construction of railways to supply direct communication between Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, and Guide Bridge, and for the accommodation of the neighbourhood.
138. To make provision with respect to capital fraudulently created in the Great Northern and East Lincolnshire Railway Companies.
139. For authorising an extension of the Dorset Central Railway; for regulating the capital of the Dorset Central Railway Company; and for other purposes.
140. Consolidating the Acts relating to the Rhymney Railway Company, authorising the company to make and maintain a branch railway, and regulating the capital of the company; and for other purposes.
143. For authorising traffic arrangements between the West End of London and Crystal Palace and the London, Brighton, and South Coast, the South-Eastern, and London and South-Western Railway Companies; for sale of the West London and Crystal Palace Railway; for extending the time for completing railways; and for other purposes. 145. To authorise the construction of a Railway from Taunton to the Harbour of Watchet; and for other purposes relating to the said railway and harbour.
149. To authorise the construction of a railway from Castle Douglas in the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright to Portpatrick in county of the Wigtown.
151. To enable the Sittingbourne and Sheerness Railway Company to alter the line and levels of portions of their authorised line and abandon portions thereof; to construct new branches and other works; to authorise working arrangements with the East Kent Railway Company; to amend the Sittingbourne and Sheerness Railway Act, 1856; and for other purposes.
152. For making a railway from Herne Bay to Faversham, and for other purposes connected therewith.
153. For enabling the Taff Vale Railway Company to construct new lines of railway, to alter, widen, and improve portions of their existing railway; and for other purposes.
154. For the transfer of the interests of the Class A shareholders of the Saint Andrew's and Quebec Railroad Company to the New Brunswick and Canada Railway and Land Company (Limited).
155. To enable the South-Eastern Railway Company to make or complete a short line of railway at Tunbridge; and for other purposes. 156. Enabling the Newry and Enniskillen Railway Company to construct their railway as far as the city of Armagh; for changing the name of the company; and for consolidating their Acts.
158. To authorise the Wycombe Railway Company to extend their railway to Princes Risborough and to Thame.
159. For incorporating the Eastern Bengal Railway Company; and for other purposes.
160. For authorising the Scinde Railway Company to extend their operations, and for regulating the capital of the Company; and for other purposes.
161. For making a railway from the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway in the parish of Kendal in the county of Westmoreland to the North
Western Railway at or near Ingleton in the West Riding of the county of York, with a branch therefrom; and for other purposes.
Rivers :—71. To amend and enlarge the provisions of the Acts relating to the River Tyne, and to enable the Tyne Improvement Commissioners to construct docks at Coble Dean, and certain works for the improvement of such river; and for other purposes.
92. To continue or renew the powers conferred on the trustees on the River Clyde and Harbour of Glasgow to take lands and execute works for the improvement of the navigation; and for other purposes.
97. To repeal the River Slaney Improvement Act, 1852, and to make better provision for the execution of the objects of that Act; and for other purposes connected with the River Slaney,
147. To provide for the conservation of the River Thames, and for the regulation, management, and improvement thereof. [An abstract of this Act will be found at p. 154.]
Harbours:-32. To enable the Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners to purchase lands and to borrow a further sum of money.
69. For enabling the Penarth Harbour, Dock, and Railway Company (heretofore called The Ely Tidal Harbour and Railway Company) to construct railways to and a dock and other works on or adjoining the south-west bank of the River Ely; and for other purposes.
93. To enable the British Fisheries Society to enlarge, improve, and maintain Pulteney Harbour in Caithness; and for other purposes.
94. For improving and maintaining the Harbour of Elie in Fifeshire. 141. For the maintenance, regulation, and improvement of Watchet Harbour in the county of Somerset; and for other purposes.
Docks, Piers, &c.-28. For constructing and maintaining a pier at Great Yarmouth, to be called the Great Yarmouth Britannia Pier.
39. To repeal the provisions of the Acts relating to the bridge and ferries across the River Wear in the borough of Sunderland, and to grant further powers for the maintenance and improvement of such bridge and ferries, and the approaches and landing-places connected therewith, or for the erection of a new bridge in lieu of the existing bridge across such river.
79. To empower the Briton Ferry Floating Dock Company to raise money; and for other purposes connected with their undertaking.
83. For authorising the Victoria (London) Dock Company to make a new cut eastward of their dock, and to raise additional capital; and for other purposes.
111. For establishing and maintaining a ferry and floating-bridge across the River Waveney, near Burgh Saint Peter Staithe in the parishes of Oulton in the county of Suffolk, and Burgh Saint Peter in the county of Norfolk, with proper works and approach roads thereto.
142. For the transfer of the docks of the Swansea Dock Company to the Swansea Harbour trustees; and for authorising those trustees to make further works, and raise further moneys; and for other purposes.
162. For consolidating the docks at Liverpool and Birkenhead into one estate, and for vesting the control and management of them in one public trust; and for other purposes.
VI. SPECIAL OBJECTS:-
9. For the regulation of certain public sufferance wharves in the Port of London, known as Meriton's Sufferance Wharf, and Hagen's Sufferance Wharf.
89. To allow a drawback on the duties payable on coals, culm, coke, and cinders.
148. To consolidate and amend the Acts for the more effectual preservation and increase of salmon, and the regulation of the fisheries in the River Tweed.
VII. PRIVATE REGULATIONS :
Of these there are 15; 5 are for divorces; 2 for naturalisation; 1 to enable a priest to exercise his office; and the rest for the regulation of property.