Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Literary Recreations, Or, Moral, Historical and Religious Essays
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
admiration affections appear arts attention Bastard believe called cause character christian Christina church circumstances common conduct consequence considered conversation court death divine doctrine duty equally ESSAY established Europe expression eyes faith father feelings female France friends give Greek hand happiness honour human husband influence interest Italy Jesus justice king learned less letters likewise live look Lord manners means merit Methodists mind moral nature never object observes obtain occasion opinion origin passed passion perhaps period persons political possessed practice present principles produced Queen reader reason received regard reign religion remark respect Roman seems sense sentiments society spirit surely Sweden things tion true truth virtue whole wife wish women writers
45. oldal - And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes : and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
10. oldal - These are thy glorious works, Parent of good, Almighty, thine this universal frame, Thus wondrous fair; thyself how wondrous then ! Unspeakable, who sitt'st above these heavens, To us invisible, or dimly seen In these thy lowest works; yet these declare Thy goodness beyond thought, and power divine.
26. oldal - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him. But whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
152. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, "Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled;" notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
141. oldal - Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
153. oldal - But many of them are poor, and cannot afford to do it.
158. oldal - MY God, I am Thine, what a comfort divine, What a blessing to know that my Jesus is mine ! In the heavenly Lamb thrice happy I am, And my heart it doth dance at the sound of His name.
31. oldal - For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
32. oldal - The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed ! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.