Essays on Important Subjects: Originally Published in the Universalist Expositor and Review and Now Re-published for the Good of the Religious Community
Haskell & Palmer, 1838 - 239 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Essays on Important Subjects: Originally Published in the Universalist ...
John Elliot Palmer
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according apostles appear applied authority believe body called century Christ Christian circumstances coming common concerning continue course darkness dead death described destroy destruction divine doctrine earth Egypt eternal evident existence expression fact fathers figurative fire forgiveness future Gehenna give Greek hand hath heaven Hebrew idea important interpretation introduced Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews Josephus judge judgment king kingdom language latter light literal live Lord Matt meaning ment mentioned Messiah Moses natural never notice observed occurs opinions original pass passage perhaps period phrase present probably prophecy prophet punishment question reader reference remark represents rest resurrection rewards says Scriptures seems sense Sheol sins soul speak spirit suffer supposed taken term Testament thee things thou tion translated unto usage valley views wicked writers written
92. oldal - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
233. oldal - But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
192. oldal - But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
237. oldal - Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath : for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner. But my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
91. oldal - Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks : the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
230. oldal - For as in the days that were before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away ; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
231. oldal - Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
233. oldal - And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
112. oldal - The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
192. oldal - God; who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile: for there is no...