The Canadian Law Times, 30. kötet
Edward Douglas Armour, Edward Betley Brown, Charles Elliott, Edward Gillis, Augustus Henry Frazer Lefroy, Alfred Taylour Hunter, Bram Thompson
Carswell & Company, 1911
From 1900 to 1908 includes the "Annual digest of Canadian cases ... decided in the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, in the Supreme and Exchequer Courts of Canada, and in the courts of the provinces ... Edited by Edward B. Brown."
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action agreement amount applied appointed assignment authority bank barrister Bench Britain British Columbia Canadian claim common law contract costs counsel County Court Court of Appeal covenant creditors Criminal cross-examination Crown damages debt debtor decision defendant dismissed Dominion duty England English English law entitled equity estoppel evidence fact federal given held interest intestacy Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Justice labour land lawyers legislation legislature liability license lien limited Lord Manitoba matter ment mining mortgage Nova Scotia Ontario Ontario Bar Association owner paid Parliament Parliament of Canada parties payment person plaintiff principle Privy Council province provisions purchase purpose Quebec question Railway reason referred rule set-off shareholders shares shew solicitor statute subrogation Supreme Court testator tion Toronto Treaty Treaty of 1818 trial Tribunal trustee ultra vires United winding-up
921. oldal - The United States, however, shall be at liberty to maintain such military police along the canal as may be necessary to protect it against lawlessness and disorder.
886. oldal - It is agreed that the people of the United States shall continue to enjoy unmolested the right to take fish of every kind on the Grand Bank, and on all the other banks of Newfoundland ; also, in the Gulf of St.
31. oldal - Whereas the people of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Tasmania, humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth under the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and under the Constitution hereby established...
880. oldal - Parties, that the Inhabitants of the said United States shall have forever, in common with the Subjects of His Britannic Majesty, the Liberty to take Fish of every kind...
344. oldal - A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay on demand, or at a fixed or determinable future time, a sum certain in money to, or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.
912. oldal - Labrador; but so soon as the same, or any portion thereof, shall be settled, it shall not be lawful for the said fishermen to dry or cure fish at such portion so settled, without previous agreement for such purpose with the inhabitants, proprietors, or possessors of the ground.
880. oldal - Unless they are reasonable in themselves and fair as between local fishermen and fishermen coming from the United States, and not so framed as to give an advantage to the former over the latter class; and (c) Unless their appropriateness, necessity, reasonableness, and fairness be determined by the United States and Great Britain by common accord and the United States concurs in their enforcement.
16. oldal - Commonwealth ; which, to define it, is one person, of whose acts a great multitude, by mutual covenants one with another, have made themselves every one the author, to the end he may use the strength and means of them all, as he shall think expedient, for their peace and common defence.
804. oldal - Rest on, embalmed and sainted dead ! Dear as the blood ye gave, No impious footstep here shall tread The herbage of your grave ; Nor shall your glory be forgot While Fame her record keeps, Or Honor points the hallowed spot Where Valor proudly sleeps.