Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according animals appeared appointed army attack became become body born called carried cause character church color command common considerable considered consists contains continued court death died direction disease distinguished doctor duke early effect employed England English entered feet force four France French gave German give given head important islands Italy kind king known land language latter length less lived London manner March means ment miles minister natural observed obtained original Paris passed period person present prince principal produced published received remained remarkable respect returned sent side situated sometimes soon success taken tion took town troops various vols whole writing
237. oldal - ... had I but served God as diligently as I have served the king, he would not have given me over in my gray hairs.
147. oldal - Nor is the equinoctial heat more discouraging to them, than the accumulated winter of both the poles. We know that whilst some of them draw the line and strike the harpoon on the coast of Africa, others run the longitude, and pursue their gigantic game along the coast of Brazil. No sea but what is vexed by their fisheries. No climate that is not witness to their toils.
463. oldal - And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal.
257. oldal - Descriptive Sketches. In Verse. Taken during a Pedestrian Tour in the Italian, Grison, Swiss, and Savoyard Alps.
475. oldal - Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils, And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
475. oldal - Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
475. oldal - Then he took his eldest son that should have reigned in his stead, and offered him for a burnt offering upon the wall. And there was great indignation against Israel : and they departed from him, and returned to their own land.
400. oldal - If we are beaten on the plains, we will retreat to our mountains and defy them. Our resources will increase with our difficulties. Necessity will force us to exertion; until, tired of combating, in vain, against a spirit which victory after victory cannot subdue, your armies will evacuate our soil, and your country retire, an immense loser, from the contest. — No, sir, — we have made up our minds to abide the issue of the approaching struggle; and though much blood may be spilt, we have no doubt...
452. oldal - FORGERY at common law has been defined as "the fraudulent making or alteration of a writing to the prejudice of another man's right ;" (a) or, more recently, as " a false making, a making malo animo, of any written instrument, for the purpose of fraud and deceit...