Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged ancient Anne appears April arches Bart beautiful Bill Bishop body British Capt Captain Castle character Charles Chelsea Christian Church Church of England command daugh daughter death died Duke Duke of Wellington Earl East Edward eldest dau England English engraved father favour French George Henry History honour House inscription Ireland James John June King Lady late letter Literary London Lord Majesty March married Mary Memoirs ment neral North observed opinion p.ct painted parish Parliament period persons portrait possession present racter Rector reign relict remarkable Roman Catholics Royal Royal Navy Saint Patrick says ships sion Sir William Society stone Stonehenge style Surrey tain Tanarus Thomas Thomas Bewick Thos Thoth tion town Urban Vicar walls wife window writers xevm
22. oldal - Works done before the grace of Christ, and the Inspiration of his Spirit, are not pleasant to God, forasmuch as they spring not of faith in Jesus Christ...
502. oldal - But as when the sun approaches towards the gates of the morning, he first opens a little eye of heaven, and sends away the spirits of darkness, and gives light to a cock, and calls up the lark to matins, and by and by gilds the fringes of a cloud, and peeps over the eastern hills...
23. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
562. oldal - President, should be appointed to write, print and publish one thousand copies of a work, on the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation ; illustrating such work, by all reasonable arguments, as, for instance, the variety and formation of God's creatures in the Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral Kingdoms ; the effect of digestion, and, thereby, of conversion ; the construction of the hand of man, and an infinite variety of other arguments ; as also by discoveries, ancient and...
22. oldal - So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants : we have done that which was our duty to do.
168. oldal - You will consider whether the removal of those disabilities can be effected consistently with the full and permanent security of our establishments in Church and State, with the maintenance of the reformed religion established by law, and of the rights and privileges of the bishops and of the clergy of this realm, and of the churches committed to their charge.
358. oldal - I am one of those who have probably passed a longer period of my life engaged in war than most men, and principally, I may say, in civil war ; and I must say this — that if I could avoid, by any sacrifice whatever, even one month of civil war in the country to which I am attached, I would sacrifice my life in order to do it [cheers].
7. oldal - THIS INDENTURE made the twenty sixth day of June in the thirtieth year of the Reign of our Sovereign Lord George the Third by the Grace of God of Great Britain France and Ireland King Defender of the Faith &c.
553. oldal - His Majesty commands us to thank you for the supplies which you have granted for the service of the year, and to assure you of his Majesty's determination to apply them with every attention to economy.
23. oldal - Albeit that Good Works, which are the fruits of Faith, and follow after Justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's Judgment ; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively Faith ; insomuch that by them a lively Faith may be as evidently known as a tree discerned by the fruit.