Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American appeared beautiful become body called carry cause character common Congress Constitution continued course court early effect election equal Executive existence expression eyes fact feel force friends give given hand head heart hope human hundred interest Italy King known labor land leave less letter live look manner means measures ment mind mountain nature necessary never object once opinion original party passed person plain political position possession present President principles question reason regard relation remains respect river seemed seen side soon South spirit stand success things thought tion town true United Whig whole young
374. oldal - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed then Eve. And Adam was not deceived ; but the woman, being deceived, was in the transgression ; notwithstanding she shall be saved in child-bearing, if they continue in faith, and charity, and holiness with sobriety.
112. oldal - The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year 1808, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.
376. oldal - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God . 4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
18. oldal - There is no antidote against the opium of time, which temporally considereth all things: our fathers find their graves in our short memories, and sadly tell us how we may be buried in our survivors.
123. oldal - But this momentous question, like a fire bell in the night, awakened and filled me with terror. I considered it at once as the knell of the Union. It is hushed, indeed, for the moment. But this is a reprieve only, not a final sentence.
374. oldal - Let your women keep silence in the churches : for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
18. oldal - Darkness and light divide the course of time, and oblivion shares with memory a great part even of our living beings; we slightly remember our felicities, and the smartest strokes of affliction leave but short smart upon us. Sense endureth no extremities, and sorrows destroy us or themselves.
18. oldal - But the iniquity of oblivion blindly scattereth her poppy, and deals with the memory of men without distinction to merit of perpetuity...
272. oldal - My pulse as yours doth temperately keep time, And makes as healthful music. It is not madness That I have uttered : bring me to the test, And I the matter will re-word ; which madness Would gambol from.