Memoirs of the Life and Writings of the Rev. William Richards, LL.D.: Who Died at Lynn, September 13, 1819 [i.e. 1818] in the Sixty-ninth Year of His Age : with Some Account of the Rev. Roger Williams, Founder of the State of Rhode Island, as Well as the First Assertor of Complete Religious Liberty in the United States of America
Charles Whittingham ... ; sold by Sherwood, Neely, and Jones ... T. Wiche ... and D. Eaton ..., London, 1819 - 396 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Antichrist Apostles appear Asa Messer Baptism baptized believe blessed brethren Bridport Bristol Brown University Caleb Evans Calvinistic chapel character charity Chris Christian church civil communion congregation conscience death decease denomination disciples Dissenters ditto divine doctrine duty England eternal faith Father favour Gospel happiness hath heart Heaven History holy honour hope Hugh Evans infant baptism Isaac Backus Islington James Jesus Christ John JOHN EVANS labours late letter liberal Lord's Lynn mankind Memoir memory ment mind minister ministry Morgan Jones never Norwich occasion opinion ordinance Paedobaptists Peace Pequots perfect persecution Pershore piety pious preached principles profession religion religious liberty respect RICHARDS ROGER WILLIAMS sacred Scriptures sentiments sermon society Socinian soul spirit Taunton Testament things Thomas thou tion tism truth unto Wales Welsh Welsh language whilst Wisbeach words worship worthy writings
222. oldal - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
295. oldal - Your fathers, where are they? and the prophets, do they live for ever?
241. oldal - Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, LORD, it is good for us to be here : if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles ; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
366. oldal - Their blood is shed In confirmation of the noblest claim, Our claim to feed upon immortal truth, To walk with God, to be divinely free, To soar, and to anticipate the skies.
366. oldal - And for a time ensure, to his lov'd land, The sweets of liberty and equal laws ; But martyrs struggle for a brighter prize, And win it with more pain. Their blood is shed In confirmation of the noblest claim...
320. oldal - Thus the choir of angels sing, As they bear the soul on high, While with hallelujahs ring All the regions of the sky.
4. oldal - And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favour with God and man.
208. oldal - Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water ; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
366. oldal - Patriots have toiled, and in their country's cause Bled nobly ; and their deeds, as they deserve, Receive proud recompense. We give in charge Their names to the sweet lyre. Th' historic muse, Proud of the treasure, marches with it down To latest times ; and Sculpture, in her turn, Gives bond in stone and ever-during brass To guard them, and t...