Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American ancient appeared artist asks become body British burlesque called caricature carried cause century character Church Cloth comic Death devil drawing effect England English exhibited eyes father figures followed four France French gave George Cruikshank give given Government Half hand head heart History human hundred Illustrations interest Italy John king ladies land less letter light live London looking Lord Luther manner master mind nature never object once Paris pencil period person picture play political poor Pope present priest Prince published Punch reader remarks represented Roman satire says scene seen side specimens spirit standing tell thing thought thousand tion turn vols whole wife woman women young
316. oldal - If any one attempts to haul down the American flag, shoot him on the spot.
334. oldal - HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH PEOPLE. A Short History of the English People. By JR GREEN, MA, Examiner in the School of Modern History, Oxford. With Tables and Colored Maps.
337. oldal - CARTHAGE. Carthage and her Remains : being an Account of the Excavations and Researches on the Site of the Phoenician Metropolis in Africa and other adjacent Places. Conducted under the Auspices of Her Majesty's Government.
339. oldal - MA, Lord Almoner's Professor of Arabic, and Fellow of St. John's College, Cambridge, With Maps and numerous Illustrations from Photographs and Drawings taken on the spot by the Sinai Survey Expedition and CF Tyrwhitt Drake.
333. oldal - With a full View of the English-Dutch Struggle against Spain, and of the Origin and Destruction of the Spanish Armada. By JOHN LOTHROP MOTLEY, LL.D., DCL Portraits.
334. oldal - Lives of the Queens of Scotland, and English Princesses connected with the Regal Succession of Great Britain.
333. oldal - The Life and Death of John of Barneveld, Advocate of Holland: with a View of the Primary Causes and Movements of " The Thirty Years
271. oldal - I very seldom, during my whole stay in the country, heard a sentence elegantly turned, and correctly pronounced from the lips of an American. There is always something either in the expression or the accent that jars the feelings and shocks the taste.
46. oldal - How shall I admire, how laugh, how rejoice, how exult, when I behold so many proud monarchs, and fancied gods, groaning in the lowest abyss of darkness; so many magistrates, who persecuted the name of the Lord, liquefying in fiercer fires than they ever kindled against the Christians; so many sage philosophers blushing in...