Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ages aliis ancient appears Arabic assertion called cause character Chron Classical common considered containing critical Deity divine edition Egypt Egyptians errors etiam evident existence expressed give given Gods Greek Hebrew Homer human instance inter Kings knowledge known language latter learned manner meaning mentioned nature neque never notes notice object observed opinion original passage period Persian persons present probably prove quæ quam quod quoted readers reason reference religion remarks represented respect sacred says seems sense signifies speak sunt supposed symbol temple things tion translation true universe various verse Vulgo whole worship writers zodiac γαρ δε εν και μεν τε το
241. oldal - So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
244. oldal - But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
325. oldal - Took once a pliant hour, and found good means To draw from her a prayer of earnest heart That I would all my pilgrimage dilate, Whereof by parcels...
325. oldal - She lov'd me for the dangers I had pass'd ; And I lov'-d her, that she did pity them.
244. oldal - And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders ? 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the The end of these wonders.
248. oldal - Ye are the salt of the earth ; but if the salt have lost its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men.
316. oldal - Terror and commiseration leave a pleasing anguish in the mind ; and fix the audience in such a serious composure of thought, as is much more lasting and delightful than any little transient starts of joy and satisfaction.
162. oldal - Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph; and there shall be no more a prince of the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.
316. oldal - We find that good and evil happen alike to all men on this side the grave ; and, as the principal design of tragedy is to raise commiseration and terror in the minds of the audience, we shall defeat this great end, if we always make virtue and innocence happy and successful.