Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
aged amount appeared appointed arms army arrived attack bill body Britain British called captain carried charge circumstances command commons conduct consequence considerable considered continued course court defendant directed duty effect emperor enemy England English entered fire force formed four France French fund give given granted hand head honour hope immediately interests Ireland Italy John killed king lady land late letter loans lord majesty majesty's manner March means measure ment military ministers morning necessary never night o'clock object observed officers parliament passed peace period persons port possession present prince principles prisoner produce proposed proved received regiment remained respect royal Russian sent ships side taken thought tion took town troops vessels whole wife wounded
574. oldal - ... the Pope or any other authority or person whatsoever, or without any hope of any such dispensation from any person or authority whatsoever, or without thinking that I am or can be acquitted before God or man or absolved of this declaration or any part thereof, although the Pope or any other person or persons or power whatsoever should dispense with or annul the same, or declare that it was null and void from the beginning.
753. oldal - Take care of my dear Lady Hamilton, Hardy; take care of poor Lady Hamilton. Kiss me, Hardy,
740. oldal - And the right honourable the lords commissioners of his majesty's treasury, his majesty's principal secretaries of state, the lords commissioners...
698. oldal - Emperor of the French, King of Italy, Protector of the Confederation of the Rhine, Mediator of the Swiss Confederation.
575. oldal - I do hereby disclaim, disavow, and solemnly abjure any intention to subvert the present Church Establishment as settled by law within this Realm.
483. oldal - She was a professed enemy to flattery, And was seldom known to praise or commend ; BUT, the talents in which she principally excelled, were difference of opinion, and discovering flaws and imperfections. She was an admirable economist, .and, without prodigality, dispensed plenty to every person in her family ; BUT, would sacrifice their eyes to a farthing candle. She sometimes made her husband happy, with her good qualities; BUT, much more frequently miserable — with her many failings ; insomuch,...
703. oldal - The question therefore now comes forward, To what other objects shall these surpluses be appropriated, and the whole surplus of impost, after the entire discharge of the public debt, and during those intervals when the purposes of war shall not call for them? Shall we suppress the impost and give that advantage to foreign over domestic manufactures?
343. oldal - Sir, — Having laid before my Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, your letter of the...
777. oldal - These trees grow in great abundance all over this part of Bambarra. They are not planted by the natives, but are found growing naturally in the woods; and in clearing woodland for cultivation, every tree is cut down but the shea. The tree itself very much resembles the American oak, and the fruit — from the kernel of which, being first dried in the sun, the butter is prepared by boiling the kernel in water — has somewhat the appearance of a Spanish olive.
574. oldal - An Act for the further limitation of the crown, and better securing the rights and liberties of the subject, is and stands limited to the Princess Sophia, Electress of Hanover, and the heirs of her body being Protestants ; hereby utterly renouncing and abjuring any obedience or allegiance unto any other person claiming or pretending a right to the crown of this realm...