The Narrative of Eleazer Sherman: Giving an Account of His Life, Experience, Call to the Ministry of the Gospel, and Travels as Such to the Present Time, 1-3. kötet
H. H. Brown, printer, 1832 - 248 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared appointment asked attended Baptist baptized began believe blessed brethren brother called Capt cause Christ Christian church Congregational continued converted dear death denominations desire doctrine dream duty earth Elder entered experienced faith Father fear feel felt friends gave give given glorious glory gospel hand happy hear heard heart heaven held hold Holy hope invited Jesus John join kind labors leave live Lord means meeting meeting-house mind morning never night opened peace persons poor praise pray prayer preach preacher prepared present Providence received reformation religion returned revival Savior season seek seemed sent short sick sinner soon soul speak Spirit taken tell things thought tion told took town travelled trust turn wanted wife wished young
38. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
24. oldal - While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision, which believed, were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
24. oldal - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
25. oldal - For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God, Then answered Peter, " Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.
60. oldal - I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
24. oldal - The place of the Scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter ; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth : In his humiliation his judgment was taken away : and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
24. oldal - If thou believest with all thine 'heart, thou mayest." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." And he commanded the chariot to stand still : and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch ; and he baptized him.
80. oldal - The LORD will provide. 2 The birds without barn Or storehouse are fed, From them let us learn , To trust for our bread : His saints what is fitting. Shall ne'er be denied, So long as 'tis written, The LORD will provide.
66. oldal - And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb, as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.