Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Practical Works of Richard Baxter: With a Life of the Author and a ...
William Orme,Richard Baxter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
agree believe better body bring called cast catholic church cause Christ Christians church comfort common communion condemn confess conscience consider danger death deny desire differences divisions doth doubt duty earth enemies errors evil eyes faith Father fear flesh friends give glory God's godly Gospel grace greater hand hath head hear heart heaven hell holy honour hope ignorant judge judgment keep knowledge light live look Lord matter means mind ministers misery nature necessary never Papists particular peace persons poor Pope pray prayer profession prove question reason religion rest rule saints saith salvation sanctified saved Scripture seek shew sinners sins souls speak Spirit sure tell thee things thou thoughts tion trouble true truth turn understand ungodly unity unto weak wonder yourselves
99. oldal - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
164. oldal - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
221. oldal - Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth : Both young men, and maidens; old men and children: let them praise the name of the Lord: For his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
164. oldal - Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind, (for he that hath suffered in the flesh, hath ceased from sin,) that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
318. oldal - ... but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ : From whom the whole body fitly joined together, and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body, unto the edifying of itself in love.
155. oldal - Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel : therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die ; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life ; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity ; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
327. oldal - Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body;" is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, " Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body;" is it therefore not of the body?
53. oldal - Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.