Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already ancient appear army bear beautiful believe better body called cause chamber character church circumstances common considerable considered continued described doubt effect England English established Europe Evelyn expression eyes fact feeling feet France French give given ground hand Hebrew human hundred instance interesting island Italy kind king known land language laws learned least less light living Lord manner means measure mind nature never object observed occasion once opinion original passage passed perhaps persons poor present probably produce pyramid reason received remains remarkable rendered respect Russia says seems seen sense side Sir Robert society speak stone success supposed thing thought tion translation traveller true whole
277. oldal - That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is upon the...
224. oldal - And through his side the last drops, ebbing slow From the red gash, fall heavy, one by one, Like the first of a thunder-shower; and now The arena swims around him — he is gone, Ere ceased the inhuman shout which hail'd the wretch who won. He heard it, but he heeded not — his eyes Were with his heart, and that was far away...
271. oldal - And every plant of the field before it was in the earth and every herb of the field before it grew for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth and there was not a man to till the ground...
260. oldal - And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; and the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
274. oldal - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
204. oldal - Made for our searching : yes, in spite of all, Some shape of beauty moves away the pall From our dark spirits. Such the sun, the moon, Trees old and young, sprouting a shady boon For simple sheep ; and such are daffodils With the green world they live in...
219. oldal - I STOOD in Venice, on the Bridge of Sighs ; A palace and a prison on each hand : I saw from out the wave her structures rise As from the stroke of the enchanter's wand...
274. oldal - ... and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth : and it was so. And God made the two great lights ; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night : he made the stars also.
299. oldal - And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.