The Doctrines of Friends: Or Principles of the Christian Religion as Held by the Society of Friends, Commonly Called Quakers
Printed. Leeds, Reprinted by permission of the author, 1829 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according admit agent ages Almighty apostle appearance apply authority baptism bear become believe blessed body bring brought called cause character Christian Church coming command condition consequences consider continue creatures death deny dependence devil Dispensation distinct Divine doctrine earth effect Eternal evidence evil existence expression faith Father feelings flesh follow Friends gift give given Gospel Grace hand hath hearts heaven Holy human idea important individual influence Jesus Christ Jews John knowledge language LIBRARY Light live Lord means mind ministers ministry Name nature necessary never objects offered operation original outward pass passage practice preaching prepared present principle promise prophecy prophets question reason received relation Revelation salvation says Scriptures sense separation sins Society soul speaking Spirit sufferings suppose testimony thee things thou tion true Truth UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA unto whole worship
240. oldal - When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
225. oldal - Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
269. oldal - And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
41. oldal - What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.
108. oldal - The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver from between his feet, Until Shiloh come ; And unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
111. oldal - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings ! and ye would not...
5. oldal - But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved), and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus...
16. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
64. oldal - Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.