Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Amherst banking Barnstead beautiful born Boston building built Butler's Rangers called church Club Colonel committee Company Concord Congregational Church council court Croydon Dartmouth Dartmouth College daugh daughter Democratic died Dover early educated elected Ellen England farm father feet George governor graduated Granite granted Hamp Hampshire heart held Hill honor hundred Indian interest James James Freeman Clarke John John Tucke Joseph Cilley June Laconia Lake land later legislature lived Manchester March married Mary Massachusetts Matthew Thornton memory ment Merrimack Merrimack County miles mountain native never Newport Pan piping party passed pastor Portsmouth present president proprietors railroad records regiment Republican Rhoda river road Samuel senate served settled settlers shire side Society Street Sullivan summer tion town voted wife William women
352. oldal - What sought they thus afar? Bright jewels of the mine? The wealth of seas, the spoils of war? — They sought a faith's pure shrine. Ay, call it holy ground, — The soil where first they trod! They have left unstained what there they found — Freedom to worship God ! Felicia Hemans.
13. oldal - And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests, and the rulers, and the people, said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people : and behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him ; and lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
54. oldal - REQUIEM UNDER the wide and starry sky, Dig the grave and let me lie. Glad did I live and gladly die, And I laid me down with a will. This be the verse you grave for me: Here he lies where he longed to be ; Home is the sailor, home from sea, And the hunter home from the hill.
7. oldal - ... bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, in the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace. There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife ; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife ; and there I buried Leah.
357. oldal - We know what Master laid thy keel, What Workmen wrought thy ribs of steel, Who made each mast, and sail, and rope, What anvils rang, what hammers beat, In what a forge and what a heat Were shaped the anchors of thy hope!
353. oldal - righteousness exalteth a nation, while sin is a reproach to any people." What, then, is the real character of the people of New Hampshire? I know of no better way to judge a people than by what they have accomplished. "By their fruits ye shall know them." Applying this text, can we not truly say that New Hampshire stands high on the roll of states in the character of her citizenship?
19. oldal - And trembling, shrinking from the spoiler's hand, Far, far away, thy children leave the land. Ill fares the land, to hastening ills a prey, Where wealth accumulates and men decay: Princes and lords may flourish or may fade; A breath can make them, as a breath has made; But a bold peasantry, their country's pride, When once destroyed, can never be supplied.
353. oldal - ... of the great body of the American people, and attracting more and more the admiration of the world. And all here assembled, whether belonging to public life or to private life, with hearts devoutly thankful to Almighty God for the preservation of the liberty and happiness of the country, unite in sincere and fervent prayers that this deposit, and the walls and arches, the domes and towers, the columns and entablatures, now to be erected over it, may endure forever! "GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES...
183. oldal - New faculties, or learns at least to employ More worthily the powers she owned before, Discerns in all things what, with stupid gaze Of ignorance, till then she overlooked, A ray of heavenly light, gilding all forms Terrestrial in the vast and the minute; The unambiguous footsteps of the God, Who gives its lustre to an insect's wing, .. . " And wheels his throne upon the rolling worlds.
19. oldal - Sweet smiling village, loveliest of the lawn, Thy sports are fled, and all thy charms withdrawn; Amidst thy bowers the tyrant's hand is seen, And desolation saddens all thy green: One only master grasps the whole domain, And half a tillage stints thy smiling plain...