The Codes and Statutes of California, as Amended and in Force at the Close of the Twenty-sixth Session of the Legislature, 1885: With Notes Containing References to All the Decisions of the Supreme Court Construing Or Illustrating the Sections of the Codes, and to Adjudications of the Courts of Other States Having Like Code Provisions, 1. kötet
A. L. Bancroft, 1886
"With containing references to all the decisions of the Supreme Court construing or illustrating the sections of the codes, and to adjudications of the courts of other states having like code provisions."--T.p.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action allowed Amendments amount application appointed approved April approved March assessment authorized board of supervisors bond California cause certificate charge city and county claims clerk Code collected commissioners constitute contract controller copy corner corporation court direct district dollars duties effect immediately election entered equalization established examination expenses filed five fixed four fund give governor grant hereby hold hundred interest issued judge land legislature license manner miles necessary notice owner paid party passage payment person prescribed printed purchase received record regulations removal repealed residence respective returns road salary San Francisco secretary senate statement Stats statute street superintendent term thence thereof thousand dollars tion took effect treasurer trustees United vessel vote warrant
63. oldal - All property in the State, not exempt under the laws of the United States, shall be taxed in proportion to its value, to be ascertained as provided by law. The word "property," as used in this article and section, is hereby declared to include moneys, credits, bonds, stocks, dues, franchises, and all other matters and things, real, personal, and mixed, capable of private ownership...
52. oldal - Upon conviction for treason, he shall have power to suspend the execution of the sentence, until the case shall be reported to the legislature at its next meeting, when the legislature shall either pardon or commute the sentence, direct the execution of the sentence, or grant a further reprieve.
44. oldal - The returns of every election for governor shall be sealed up and transmitted to the...
22. oldal - And, in order to preclude all difficulty in tracing upon the ground the limit separating Upper from Lower California, it is agreed that the said limit shall consist of a straight line drawn from the middle of the Rio Gila, where it unites with the Colorado, to a point on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, distant one marine league due south of the southernmost point of the port of San Diego...
69. oldal - All other officers whose election or appointment is not provided for by this Constitution, and all officers whose offices may hereafter be created by law, shall be elected by the people, or appointed, as the Legislature may direct.
28. oldal - ... whose occupations are for the common subsistence and benefit of mankind, shall be allowed to continue their respective employments unmolested in their persons.
79. oldal - Day," the twenty-fifth day of December, every day on which an election is held throughout the state, and every day appointed by the President of the United States or by the governor of this state for a public fast, thanksgiving or holiday.
81. oldal - Words used in this Code in the present tense include the future as well as the present; words used in the masculine gender include the feminine and neuter; the singular number includes the plural, and the plural the singular; the word "person...
219. oldal - Queretaro, and every male naturalized citizen thereof, who shall have become such ninety days prior to any election, of the age of twenty-one years, who shall have been a resident of the State one year next preceding the election, and of the county in which he claims his vote ninety days, and in the election precinct thirty days, shall be entitled to vote at all elections...
35. oldal - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable seizures and searches, shall not be violated; and no warrant shall issue but on probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons and things to be seized.