Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
addressed ancient appears believe Bishop British called Catalogue century Charles church collection College complete contains copy correspondent daughter death died doubt dozen Earl early edition Edward England English engraved existence fact four French George give given hand Henry History House Illustrations interesting Italy James John King known Lady land late letter Library living London Lord married means mentioned never notice observed original parish persons poem poet portrait possession present preserved printed probably published Queen QUERIES question readers records reference remarkable respecting Richard says seems seen sent side song Street taken third Thomas tion translation volume Wanted writing written
11. oldal - Remember thee! Yea, from the table of my memory I'll wipe away all trivial fond records, All saws of books, all forms, all pressures past, That youth and observation copied there...
177. oldal - TO HELEN Helen, thy beauty is to me Like those Nicean barks of yore, That gently, o'er a perfumed sea, The weary, wayworn wanderer bore To his own native shore. On desperate seas long wont to roam, Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face, Thy Naiad airs have brought me home To the glory that was Greece And the grandeur that was Rome.
111. oldal - gainst that season comes Wherein our Saviour's birth is celebrated, The bird of dawning singeth all night long...
7. oldal - ... Archbishop. Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments ? King. I will. Archbishop. Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God, the true profession of the Gospel, and the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law ? And will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established...
379. oldal - Wherever God erects a house of prayer, The Devil always builds a chapel there: And 'twill be found upon examination, The latter has the largest congregation.
6. oldal - Ireland, and that the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government of the said United Church shall be, and shall remain in full force for ever, as the same are now by law established for the Church of England ; and that the continuance and preservation of the United Church, as the Established Church of England and Ireland...
77. oldal - Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the Gospel, and the Protestant reformed religion established by law? And will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the united church of England and Ireland, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established within England and Ireland, and the territories thereunto belonging...
87. oldal - Waft, waft, ye winds, his story, And you, ye waters, roll, Till, like a sea of glory, It spreads from pole to pole ; Till, o'er our ransomed nature, The Lamb, for sinners slain, Redeemer, King, Creator, In bliss returns to reign.
129. oldal - Seeking to find the old familiar faces. Friend of my bosom, thou more than a brother, Why wert not thou born in my father's dwelling? So might we talk of the old familiar faces. How some they have died, and some they have left me, And some are taken from me ; all are departed ; All, all are gone, the old familiar faces.
76. oldal - And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law, do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them ?" King or Queen.