Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abolition adopt ages answer appear argument army attempt battle become believe benevolent blessings blood Britain called cause character Christ Christian conduct consider courage course crimes custom danger death delusion destroy earth effect efforts evil excite exertions facts favor feelings field fighting formed friends give given glory gospel greater ground hands heart honor hope horrors human individuals influence injuries interest kill laws less letter light lives mankind means military mind ministers misery moral murder nation nature never object opinions passions Peace Society perhaps persons popular present principles probably prove question reason reflection regard religion remarks respect Review rulers savage side slave soldiers spirit success suffer supposed sword things thou thought thousands tion true truth universal vice virtue wars whole wish
202. oldal - Ye lust, and have not ; ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain ; ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not ; ye ask and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
202. oldal - But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace...
203. oldal - Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
193. oldal - But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.
67. oldal - Their throat is an open sepulchre ; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.
217. oldal - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power ? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good.
104. oldal - For even hereunto were ye called : because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps...
217. oldal - ... for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
217. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord.
53. oldal - Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands; and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet; All sheep and oxen ; yea, and the beasts of the field ; The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea ; and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the seas.