The Works of the Rev. Daniel Waterland, D.D. Formerly Master of Magdalen College, Cambridge, Canon of Windsor, and Archdeacon of Middlesex;: Now First Collected and Arranged. To which is Prefixed, a Review of the Author's Life and Writings,
Clarendon Press, 1823
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according admit allow ancients answer antiquity appear applied argument Arians assert authority Bishop Bull called Catholic cause charge Christ Christian Church cited clear Clemens common considered contr contrary created creature Defence deny Deus distinction divine Doctor doctrine dominion equal eternal Eusebius evidence excluded existence express faith Father Filius give given Godhead Gods head Holy inferior intended Irenæus Justin kind learned Lord manner matter mean mention nature necessarily necessary existence never notice notion object observe opposition Origen passage perfections Person plain pretend principles proper prove Query question reader reason refer relation reply Scripture sense Sermons shown signify Son's speak stand styled substance suppose supreme tell thing thought tion Trinity true truth understood Unity whole words worship writers δε Θεός και
351. oldal - Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
140. oldal - Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
308. oldal - Thou, even thou, art Lord alone: thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all ; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.
29. oldal - Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
218. oldal - ... then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest ; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men...
380. oldal - The Father hath committed all judgment unto the Son: that all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father.
62. oldal - The Father does all things through the Word in the Holy Spirit. Thus the unity of the Holy Trinity is safeguarded and, in the Church, one God "who is above all and through all and in all...
190. oldal - Wherefore this (o) origination in the Divine Paternity hath anciently been looked upon as the assertion of the Unity : and therefore the Son and Holy Ghost have been believed to be but one God with the Father, because both from the Father, who is one, and so the (p) union of them.