The Centennial Supplement to the Sydney Morning Herald: Together with Reports of the Principal Events in Connection with the Celebration of the Centenary of Australian Settlement
John Fairfax and Sons, 1888 - 212 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Centennial Supplement to the Sydney Morning Herald: Together with ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
acres appeared Applause arrived band beautiful boats building called Captain carried Carrington celebrations Centennial Cheers Church close colony coloured commended Council course Crown display districts effect England Excellency exhibits force formed George give given Government Governor ground hands harbour head hear Henry honour House illuminations important increased interest Iolanthe John Judge kind Lady land Legislative less light looked Lord March Mayor means Melbourne Messrs miles Minister nearly occasion occupied officers Park Parliament passed persons played population position present prize progress Queen Queensland race received represented River schools seen side South Australia South Wales stand star streets Sydney taken tion toast various Victoria Western whole
25. oldal - December 10, 1859, on its separation from New South Wales. The power of making laws and imposing taxes is vested in a Parliament of two Houses — the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly. The former consists of 41 members, nominated by the Crown for life. The Legislative Assembly comprises 72 members, returned from 61 electoral districts for three years, elected by ballot, a six months' residence qualifying every adult male for the franchise.
190. oldal - Knight Grand Cross of the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George, Governor...
188. oldal - I think, ought to have preceded me, the President of the Legislative Council and the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly.
17. oldal - Wales, so far as relates to the Execution of criminals in the county of Chester. II. An Act to amend an Act of the Thirty-eighth Year of King George the Third, for preventing the Mischiefs arising from the printing and publishing Newspapers, and Papers of a like Nature, by Persons not known, and for regulating the Printing and Publication of such Papers in other respects ; and to discontinue certain Actions commenced under the Provisions of the said Act.
130. oldal - Things and actions are what they are, and the consequences of them will be what they will be : Why then should we desire to be deceived?
57. oldal - Act save as is next hereinafter excepted ; that is to say, land, the property of her Majesty, and unoccupied, or used, or reserved, or vested in trustees for public purposes...
202. oldal - Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.
132. oldal - ... before. We continued to run up the harbour about four miles, in a westerly direction, enjoying the luxuriant prospect of its shores, covered with trees to the water's edge, among which many of the Indians were frequently seen, till we arrived at a small snug cove on the southern side, on whose banks the plan of our operations was destined to commence.
58. oldal - In each of the first five years after incorporation, every municipality is entitled to a sum equal to, but not exceeding, the whole amount actually raised by rates or assessments and subscriptions paid...
49. oldal - By a Royal Charter issued 7th February, 1858, the same rank, style, and precedence are granted to Graduates of the University of Sydney as are enjoyed by Graduates of Universities within the United Kingdom. The University...