Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged appears application appointed army arrived Assist Asst authority Bank batt Bengal bills Bombay Calcutta called Cape Capt cent charge Charles China civil coll command Company cotton Court direct Directors duty East East-India effect England establishment Europe force George give given Government Grant Henry hills Hindustani House India interest James John join lady late leave letter Lieut London Lord Madras Major March Messrs military Miss months N.I. passed native officers party passed passed exam Persian persons present rank received regiment regt residence respect secured servant ship Smith Society steamer Street surg Thomas tion town troops whole wife
263. oldal - Company as inflicts on any person forfeiture of rights or property, or may be held in any way to impair or affect any right of inheritance, by reason of his or her renouncing or having been excluded from the communion of any religion, or being deprived of caste, shall cease to be enforced as law in the courts of the East India Company, and in the courts established by Royal charter within the said territories...
248. oldal - ... perform with ease all the work which nature intended for it. By its use you will soon be able to enjoy, in moderation, whatever is agreeable to the taste, and unable to name one individual article of food which disagrees with or sits unpleasantly on the stomach. Never forget that a small meal well digested affords more nourishment to the system than a large one, even of the same food when digested imperfectly. Let the dish...
120. oldal - TONIC MEDICINES. By the word tonic is meant a medicine which gives strength to the stomach sufficient to digest in proper quantities all wholesome food, which increases the power of every nerve and muscle of the human body, or, in other words, invigorates the nervous and muscular systems. The solidity or firmness of the whole tissue of the body, which so quickly follows the use of Norton's...
120. oldal - ... be given respecting diet, though after all that has been written upon the subject, after the publication of volume upon volume, after the country has, as it were, been inundated with practical essays on diet as a means of prolonging life, it would be unnecessary to say more, did we not feel it our duty to make the humble endeavour of inducing the public to regard them not, but to adopt that course which is dictated by nature, by reason, and by common sense. Those persons who study the wholesomes,...
120. oldal - SWEETENER OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM. INDIGESTION is a weakness or want of power of the digestive juices in the stomach to convert what we eat and drink into healthy matter, for the proper nourishment of the whole system. It is caused by everything which weakens the system In general, or the stomach in particular. From it proceed nearly...
120. oldal - ... mixing them well, and blending the whole together before they are swallowed; and it is particularly urged upon all to take plenty of time to their meals and never eat in haste. If you conform to this short and simple, but comprehensive advice, and find that there are various things which others eat and drink with pleasure and without inconvenience, and which would be pleasant to yourself only that they disagree, you may at once conclude that the fault is in the stomach, that it does not possess...
248. oldal - ... by a peculiar process accidentally discovered, and known only to the proprietor, and which he firmly believes to be one of the most valuable modern discoveries in medicine, by which all the essential and extractive matter of more than an ounce of the flowers is concentrated in four moderate-sized pills. Experience has afforded the most ample proof that they possess all the fine aromatic and stomachic properties for which the herb has been esteemed ; and, as they are taken into the stomach unencumbered...
214. oldal - With Tables of Distances between the principal Towns and Military Stations On one sheet — size, 2 ft. 3 in. wide ; 2 ft. 9 in. high, 9s. ; or, on cloth, in a case, 12s. Map of the Western Provinces of Hindoostan, The Punjab, Cabool, Scinde, Bhawulpore, &c., including all the States between Candahar and Allahabad.
120. oldal - Flowers ; and when one or even two ounces may be taken with advantage, it must at once be seen how impossible it is to take a proper dose of this wholesome herb in the form of tea : and the only reason why it has not long since been placed the very first in rank of all restorative medicines is, that in taking it the stomach has always been loaded with water which tends in a great measure to counteract, and very frequently wholly to destroy the effect. It must be evident that loading a weak stomach...