Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according accordingly acknowledge actually addressed admitted apostles appear applied argue argument authoritative authority believe bishop body catholic century character Christ christian church of Rome cited claim clergy common conceive concerning conclusion condemned consider consideration contend corrupt council creed deny desire determination dictation direct distinction doctrine England existing express faith favour former give given head held hold holy implied import individual inference interpretation Italy judgment language Letter maintained meaning mind namely nature never Newman object observation omitted opinion original papacy particular passage perceive persons placed pope practices present principle protestant prove question reason received reference reformation regard rejected relation relaxation religion religious remark represent Roman romish sacramental Saviour scripture separated spiritual statement suppose taught teaching term thing thought tion tract true truth understood unity vindication visible whole
46. oldal - Christ's natural flesh and blood, for the sacramental bread and wine remain still in their very natural substances, and therefore may not be adored (for that were idolatry, to be abhorred of all faithful Christians), and the natural body and blood of our Saviour Christ are in heaven, and not here ; it being against the truth of Christ's natural body to be at one time in more places than one.
24. oldal - And the other Books (as Hierome saith) the Church doth read for example of life and instruction of manners; but yet doth it not apply them to establish any doctrine...
29. oldal - The visible Church of Christ is a congregation of faithful men, in the which the pure Word of God is preached, and the Sacraments be duly ministered according to Christ's ordinance, in all those things that of necessity are requisite to the same.
11. oldal - Till her members are stirred up to this religious course, let the Church sit still; let her be content to be in bondage ; let her work in chains ; let her submit to her imperfections as a punishment ; let her go on teaching with the stammering lips of ambiguous formularies, and inconsistent precedents, and principles but partially developed.
20. oldal - Creed, and that which is commonly called the Apostles' Creed, ought thoroughly to be received and believed: for they may be proved by most certain warrants of Holy Scripture.
79. oldal - Parliament that the King our sovereign lord, his heirs and successors kings of this realm, shall be taken, accepted and reputed the only supreme head in earth of the Church of England...
51. oldal - The Romish doctrine concerning Purgatory, Pardons, Worshipping, and Adoration, as well of Images as of Reliques, and also Invocation of Saints, is a fond thing vainly invented, and grounded upon no warranty of Scripture, but rather repugnant to the Word of God.
50. oldal - On the whole, then, it is conceived that the Article before us neither speaks against the Mass in itself, nor against its being [an offering, though commemorative] for the quick and the dead for the remission of sin...