The Letters Apostolic of Pope Pius IX.: Considered, with Reference to the Law of England and the Law of Europe
Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1851 - 147 oldal
This 1851 volume offers a large collection of letters from Pope Pius IX, the longest-reigning pope in the history of the Catholic Church.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according addressed admitted allowed Anglia Apostolicis appear Appendix appointment Archbishop atque authority Bishop Bowyer Brief British Bull called character Church civil clergy cloth College colony Common consent constitution Council Court Crown Ecclesiae ecclesiastical Edition England English episcopal erection established etiam Europe execution exercise existing fact foreign further Gibraltar give Government hand History Holy instance Ireland issued Italy jurisdiction King kingdom land Letters Lord Majesty Majesty's manner matters observed occasion offence ordinary Papal Papal Brief penalty person Pope position practice prelates present Prince principle Protestant provisions publication quæ Queen question quibus quod realm reason received reference regard Regulares religion religious respect Reverend Roman Catholic Roman Catholic Church Rome rule Sovereign spiritual statute style subjects successors temporal territorial things tion toleration United Vicars Apostolic vols Wiseman
22. oldal - Encyclopaedia of Geography ; comprising a complete Description of the Earth : Exhibiting its Relation to the Heavenly Bodies, its Physical Structure, the Natural History of each Country, and the Industry, Commerce, Political Institutions, and Civil and Social State of All Nations. Second Edition ; with 82 Maps, and upwards of 1,000 other Woodcuts. 8vo. price 60s. Neale.
20. oldal - Maunder's Treasury of Natural History ; Or, a Popular Dictionary of Animated Nature : In which the Zoological Characteristics that distinguish the different Classes, Genera, and Species, are combined with a variety of interesting Information illustrative of the Habits, Instincts, and General Economy of the Animal Kingdom.
147. oldal - Methinks I see, in my mind, a noble and puissant nation rousing herself, like a strong man after sleep, and shaking her invincible locks: methinks I see her as an eagle muing her mighty youth, and kindling her undazzled eyes at the full mid-day beam...
4. oldal - Blair's Chronological and Historical Tables, from the Creation to the present time : With Additions and Corrections from the most authentic Writers ; including the Computation of St. Paul, as connecting the Period from the Exode to the Temple.
15. oldal - Kirby and Spence's Introduction to Entomology ; or, Elements of the Natural History of Insects : Comprising an Account of Noxious and Useful Insects, of their Metamorphoses, Food, Stratagems, Habitations, Societies, Motions, Noises, Hybernation, Instinct, &c.
25. oldal - Comprising a complete Modern Dispensatory, and a Practical Treatise on the distinguishing Symptoms, Causes, Prevention, Cure and Palliation of the Diseases incident to the Human Frame. With the latest Discoveries in the different departments of the Healing Art, Materia Medica, &c.
5. oldal - A Dictionary of Science, Literature, and Art : Comprising the History, Description, and Scientific Principles of every Branch of Human Knowledge ; with the Derivation and Definition of all the Terms in General Use. Edited by WT BRANDE, FRSL and E.
18. oldal - Elements of Practical Agriculture ; comprehending the Cultivation of Plants, the Husbandry of the Domestic Animals, and the Economy of the Farm. By D . Low, Esq.
21. oldal - MOORE'S POETICAL WORKS; Containing the Author's recent Introduction and Notes. Complete in one volume, uniform with Lord Byron's Poems. With a New Portrait...