The Star of the West: Being Memoirs of the Life of Risdon Darracott, Minister of the Gospel at Wellington, Somerset, with Extracts from His Correspondence
E. And G. Merriam, 1829 - 216 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
affected affectionate affliction appear attention believe blessed brother called Christ Christian church comfort concern continue Darracott dear dear sir death delightful desire devotion divine enjoy enter eternal expressed faithful Father favour fear feel flock gave give given glory going gospel grace hand happy hath heart heaven holy honour hope humble increased infinite interest Jesus kind labours leave letter live look Lord Lord's manner means meet mind minister ministry never once pastor persons pleased pleasure poor praise pray prayers preaching present promise prove reason received rejoice religion rendered rich Risdon salvation seen sermons servant serve society soon soul spirit success sure sweet thank thee things thou thought tion town unto Wellington whole wish write young zeal
67. oldal - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged : condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned : forgive, and ye shall be forgiven : give, and it shall be given unto you : good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
16. oldal - Verily I say unto you ; There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundred-fold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions, and in the world to come eternal life.
79. oldal - And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things that therein are, and the earth and the things that therein are, and the sea and the things which are therein that there should be time no longer...
121. oldal - Although my house be not so with God; Yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things, and sure: For this is all my salvation, and all my desire, Although he make it not to grow.
65. oldal - Do not touch me, for I am not yet ascended to my Father, but go to my brethren and say to them, ' I ascend to my Father and to your Father, to my God and to your God.
169. oldal - For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming ? 20 For ye are our glory and joy.
126. oldal - Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
142. oldal - ... that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God ; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness...
137. oldal - Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh ; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers ; but in singleness of heart, fearing God : and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men ; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.