Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiral appeared appointed arms army attack authority bill body British brought Burdett Cadiz called Captain carried cause charge command Commons conduct considerable considered constitution continued course court daughter directed Duke duty Earl effect enemy England English execution expedition force four French give given guns hands honourable hope House of Commons important Italy John Junta king land late letter Lord majesty majesty's March means ment military ministers motion moved nature necessary never object observed officers opinion parliament party passed persons possession present principle prisoners proceedings question received remained resolutions respect royal sent ships side Sir Francis Spain Spanish Street taken thing tion took town troops whole
420. oldal - I die: remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
708. oldal - Yet, once again, forgive my feeble sway, And little reck I of the censure sharp May idly cavil at an idle lay. Much have I owed thy strains on life's long way, Through secret woes the world has never known, When on the weary night dawned wearier day, And bitterer was the grief devoured alone. — • That I o'erlive such woes, Enchantress ! is thine own.
715. oldal - Thomas, I must die : Would I could see my Sally, and could rest My throbbing temples on her faithful breast, And gazing, go ! — if not, this trifle take, And say, till death I wore it for her sake ; Yes ! I must die — blow on, sweet breeze, blow on ! Give me one look, before my life be gone, Oh ! give me that, and let me not despair, One last fond look — and now repeat the prayer.
324. oldal - March, 1813; and to permit such persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file affidavits of the execution of indentures of clerks to attornies and solicitors, to make and file the same on or before the 1st day of Hilary term, 1813.
480. oldal - Union, and notwithstanding thereof, remain in all time coming within Scotland, as it is now constituted by the Laws of that Kingdom, and with the same Authority and Privileges as before the Union, subject nevertheless to such Regulations for the better Administration of Justice as shall be made by the Parliament of Great Britain...
702. oldal - And ne'er did Grecian chisel trace A nymph, a naiad, or a grace, Of finer form, or lovelier face...
707. oldal - The heath this night must be my bed, The bracken curtain for my head, My lullaby the warder's tread. Far, far from love and thee, Mary; To-morrow eve, more stilly laid, My couch may be my bloody plaid, My vesper song, thy wail, sweet maid ! It will not waken me, Mary.
722. oldal - They feel the calm delight, and thus proceed Through the green lane, then linger in the mead, Stray o'er the heath in all its purple bloom, And pluck the blossom where the wild bees hum...