Memoirs of the Late Rev. Isaac Slee,: First a Presbyter of the English Established Church, and Afterwards Pastor of the Baptist Church at Haworth, in the County of York
Holden and Dowson; and sold by Mr. Button, Paternoster-row, London ; and by the booksellers in the country., 1801 - 177 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptable Acts affection againſt alſo appears attention authority baptiſm believe bleſſed brethren brother called caſe character Chriſt chriſtian church concern conſidered continue converted Copies dear death deſire divine doctrine duty engaged eſtabliſhed expected faith Father favour fear firſt follow formed former friends gave give goſpel grace Hamſterly hand Haworth heard heart himſelf holy honour hope Iſaac ISAAC SLEE Jeſus John kind labours laſt late learned letter live Lord manner matter means mind miniſters miniſtry moſt muſt never obtained occaſion paſtor peace perſon pleaſure prayer preach preſent principles reaſon received religion religious rendered reſignation reſpect ſacred ſalvation ſame ſay ſee ſentiments ſermon ſhall ſhould ſince Slee's ſome ſoul ſtate ſubject ſuch theſe things thoſe thou thought tion true truth unto viſit whole whoſe
23. oldal - Hear my prayer, O Lord, And let my cry come unto Thee. Hide not Thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble ; Incline Thine ear unto me : In the day when I call answer me speedily.
16. oldal - Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without ; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
21. oldal - And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
23. oldal - Hide not thy face from me in the time of my trouble : incline thine ear unto me when I call ; O hear me, and that right foon.
111. oldal - From henceforth blefled are the dead which die in the Lord : even fo faith the Spirit ; for they reft from their labours.
104. oldal - But the wifdom that is from above, is firft pure, then peaceable, gentle, and eafy to be entreated, full of mercy and good, fruits, without partiality and without hypocrify.
46. oldal - But ye have not so learned Christ ; if so be ye have heard him, and been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus...
27. oldal - For what is a man profited, if he gain the whole world, and lofe his own foul ? Or what fhall a man give in exchange for his foul .' Q^7- What further truth may be inferred hence ? A.