Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ancient answer apostles appears arms army assistance attended authority bishop body called carried castle cause Christian church commanded considerable considered continued court crown death died direction duke earl Edward effect Elizabeth enemies England English entered epistle equal established estates evidence expressed favor force formed France friends gave give given gospel hand head Henry Italy James John kind king kingdom land letters lived lord manner March Mark Mary mean ment nature never nobles observed party passed person possession present prince produced proved queen reason received regent reign religion respect round sails says Scotland Scots Scottish sent ship side soon subjects supposed taken Testament thing tion took town turn whole wind writings written
635. oldal - But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of me : And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
594. oldal - I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen : but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. 19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
743. oldal - Gratiano speaks an infinite deal of nothing, more than any man in all Venice. His reasons are as two grains of wheat hid in two bushels of chaff : you shall seek all day ere you find them, and when you have them, they are not worth the search.
596. oldal - Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer ; For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
628. oldal - Matthew then, among the Jews, wrote a Gospel in their own language, while Peter and Paul were preaching the Gospel at Rome, and founding a church there : and after their exit...
582. oldal - Soft is the strain when zephyr gently blows, And the smooth stream in smoother numbers flows ; But when loud surges lash the sounding shore, The hoarse rough verse should like the torrent roar. When Ajax strives some rock's vast weight to throw, The line too labours, and the words move slow : Not so when swift Camilla scours the plain, Flies o'er th' unbending corn, and skims along the main.
594. oldal - Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
604. oldal - And they taught in Judah, and had the book of the law of the LORD with them, and went about throughout all the cities of Judah, and taught the people.
603. oldal - We entertain a suspicion concerning any matter of fact when the witnesses contradict each other, when they are but few or of a doubtful character, when they have an interest in what they affirm, when they deliver their testimony with hesitation, or, on the contrary, with too violent asseverations. There are many other particulars of the same kind which may diminish or destroy the force of any argument derived from human testimony.