Dissertation IV: Christ's Entry Into Jerusalem. Added in the 3d Ed. of The Use and Intent of Prophecy, &c. Printed Separately to Compleat the Former Editions
J. Pemberton, 1732 - 28 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Account Affairs againſt Ages alſo appears Armies Aſs Author becauſe Book carried Cauſe Character Chariots and Horſes Chriſtian Church Circumſtance Colt concerned conſider Country Crimes Daughter David Day of Battel Defence Deliverance delivered deſcribed Deſign Diſcourſe Doubt Edition Enemies feared Fole Foot Forces Four given Hands himſelf Horſemen Horſes and Chariots Houſe Hundred Jeruſalem Jews Joſhua Judah Judg juſt King of Egypt King of Iſrael Kingdom Kings of Judah Land look manner mounted never obſerved particularly Paſſage perhaps Perſon plainly Power preſent Price Princes Promiſe Prophecy Prophet proſpered Providence reaſon relating remarked ride Right ruined Salvation ſame ſave ſays ſee Senſe Sermon preach'd ſet ſhall ſhould Solomon Strength ſtrong Subject Succeſs ſuch taken thee themſelves theſe Things Thirty THOMAS Lord thoſe thou Thouſand took true truſt Truth turn undone unto uſe uſual World
26. oldal - WHEN thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
19. oldal - ... subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword; out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, and turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
9. oldal - Hast thou given the horse strength ? Hast thou clothed his neck with thunder ? Canst thou make him afraid as a grasshopper) The glory of his nostrils is terrible. He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength : He goeth on to meet the armed men.
20. oldal - Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses, neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods ; for in Thee the fatherless findeth mercy.
6. oldal - For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them : but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
10. oldal - WILL sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously : The horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
22. oldal - ... this character, had he appeared in the pomp and pride of war, surrounded with horses and chariots, in direct opposition to the law of God ? Or, as he was to bring salvation to the people...
8. oldal - And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.
16. oldal - Psalm xx. 7. In the reign of Solomon things quickly changed. He married the daughter of the king of Egypt, and opened a commerce between that country and his own ; and the next news we hear of him is, ' that he had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen :