Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
addressed appeared appointed army authority believed born brought called carried cause Chamber of Deputies charge chief Church Clarke common condition considered continued course Court daughter death Department died duty effect England English entered Europe evidence examination expressed fact force foreign give given Government grant hand held Henry honour House important India interest Iquique Italy John known Lady late less letter London Lord March means meeting ment Minister months never object obtained once opened party passed peace persons political Porte position Powers present President Prince prisoners question received regard remarkable represented respect result returned Royal Russian Scotland Yard sent showed side taken tion took Trinity Turkey Turkish whole
310. oldal - The Confessions of a Thug,' &c. &c. Edited by his Daughter. New and cheaper Edition, being the Fourth. Crown 8vo, 6s.
230. oldal - ... and duly audited ; and all statistical returns and certificates of character (Articles 67 77, and 80) may be accepted as trustworthy.
145. oldal - The Life and Death of John of Barneveld, Advocate of Holland : with a View of the Primary Causes and Movements of " The Thirty Years
226. oldal - I am commanded by my Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty to acquaint you, for the information of the Secretary of State for the Colonies, that, looking to the representations formerly made Mr.
172. oldal - Were the language of the statute obscure, instead of being clear, we should not be justified in differing from the construction put upon it by contemporaneous and long- continued usage. There would be no safety for property or liberty if it could be successfully contended that all lawyers and statesmen have been mistaken for centuries as to the true meaning of an old Act of parliament.
235. oldal - ... 48. Teachers attending the examination may at their option take the papers of the first or second year's students (Article 102).
234. oldal - Reduction of Grant. 32. The amount which may be claimed by the managers (Articles 19 to 22) may be reduced, — (a.) If it exceeds 17». 6d. per scholar in average attendance during the year (Article 13), by its excess above the income of the school from all sources whatever, other than the grant ; provided that this reduction is not to bring the grant below 17».
232. oldal - The sum of 4*. per scholar, according to the average number in attendance throughout the year (Article 26). (b.) For every scholar who has, in the year, been under instruction in secular subjects for not less than 40 hours during evening meetings of the school 7*.