Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaron Abram alms altar apostle benesit better bishops burials canons ceremonial Christ church cited civil magistrate claim clergy conscience corruption council Council of Trent covetous deacons declared divine right doctrine drinking such things Eating and drinking equity exacted expence faith fame force freely Gehazi gift give given to ministers hath given hath ordained hire holy honour Jews justly king and priest labourer is worthy land law of Moses learning leprosy less Levites ligion likeliest live livelihood Lord Luke magistrate maintain maintenance of ministers marriages Matth means ministry moral necessity never nisters oft-times osfered paid tithes Papists Peter Pharisees preach the gospel presbyters pretended priesthood primitive profes Protestants prove receive recompense reformation religion remove hirelings revenues Saviour scripture sent shews Simon Magus simony sirst spiritual susficient taught teach teachers temple tence tenth thereof tithes to Melchisedec truth vowed Waldenses whereby wherein
17. oldal - Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar ? Even so hath the Lord ordained, that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
10. oldal - And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
14. oldal - And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham...
16. oldal - And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land,, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.
21. oldal - Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand : they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
17. oldal - For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
25. oldal - Let him that is taught in the word, communicate to him that teacheth, in all good things :" that is to say, in all manner of gratitude, to his ability.
9. oldal - Christian times, till ceremonies, altars, and oblations, by an ancienter corruption, were brought back long before. And yet the Jews, ever since their temple was destroyed, though they have rabbies and teachers of their law, yet pay no tithes, as having no Levites to whom, no temple where, to pay them, no altar whereon to hallow them : which argues that the Jews themselves never thought tithes moral, but ceremonial only.
5. oldal - The latter of these is by much the more dangerous ; for under force, though no thanks to the forcers, true religion ofttimes best thrives and flourishes ; but the corruption of teachers, most commonly the effect of hire, is the very bane of truth in them who are so corrupted.