Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
agin aint arter beauty bein Biglow blessed Boston Courier Cotton Mather Cuneiform script dark dear deep Dighton rock doth Doughface dream ears earth eyes fair faith fear feel feller flowers folks forever ghosts gleam glory golden grew haint hand happy hath hear heart heaven holy hope Icarius Jaalam jine kind Knott leaves letters light look nater nature neath never night nothin o'er ollers on't once peace poem poet poor Rhoecus Rosaline round Sawin sech seemed Sez John shadow silent sing Sir Kay Sir Launfal slavery song sorrow soul spiled spirit star-spangled banner stars sunshine sweet tell thee there's thet thet's thine things thou art thought tree true truth verse voice ware wind wise wonder words
293. oldal - Earth gets its price for what Earth gives us; The beggar is taxed for a corner to die in, The priest hath his fee who comes and shrives us, We bargain for the graves we lie in ; At the devil's booth are all things sold, Each ounce of dross costs its ounce of gold...
156. oldal - GOD sends his teachers unto every age, To every clime, and every race of men, With revelations fitted to their growth And shape of mind, nor gives the realm of Truth Into the selfish rule of one sole race : Therefore each form of worship that hath swayed The life of man, and given it to grasp The master-key of knowledge, reverence, Infolds some germs of goodness and of right...
390. oldal - Ez fer war, I call it murder, — There you hev it plain an" flat; I don't want to go no furder Than my Testyment fer that; God hez sed so plump an' fairly, It 's ez long ez it is broad, An' you Ve gut to git up airly Ef you want to take in God.
280. oldal - BE NOBLE ! and the nobleness that lies In other men, sleeping, but never dead, Will rise in majesty to meet thine own ; Then wilt thou see it gleam in many eyes, Then will pure light around thy path be shed, And thou wilt nevermore be sad and lone.
168. oldal - No man is born into the world, whose work Is not born with him ; there is always work, And tools to work withal, for those who will; And blessed are the horny hands of toil I The busy world shoves angrily aside The man who stands with arms akimbo set.
296. oldal - The little birds sang as if it were The one day of summer in all the year, And the very leaves seemed to sing on the trees : The castle alone in the landscape lay Like an outpost of winter, dull and gray : 'T was the proudest hall in the North Countree, And never its gates might opened be, Save to lord or lady of high degree...
201. oldal - Then it is the brave man chooses, while the coward stands aside, Doubting in his abject spirit, till his Lord is crucified, And the multitude make virtue of the faith they had denied.
176. oldal - Is true Freedom but to break \ Fetters for our own dear sake, And, with leathern hearts, forget That we owe mankind a debt ? No ! true freedom is to share All the chains our brothers wear, And, with heart and hand, to be Earnest to make others free ! They are slaves who fear to speak For the fallen and the weak ; They are slaves who will not choose Hatred, scoffing, and abuse, Rather than in silence shrink From the truth they needs must think ; They are slaves who dare not be In the right with two...
200. oldal - Careless seems the great Avenger; history's pages but record One death-grapple in the darkness 'twixt old systems and the Word; Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne, — Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown, Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
230. oldal - Though most hearts never understand To take it at God's value, but pass by The offered wealth with unrewarded eye. Thou art my tropics and mine Italy; To look at thee unlocks a warmer clime; ,-,. The eyes thou givest me Are in the heart, and heed not space or time: Not in mid June the golden-cuirassed bee Feels a more summer-like warm ravishment In the white lily's breezy tent, His fragrant Sybaris, than I, when first From the dark green thy yellow circles burst.