Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear Arms bear Beauty Blood bring Cauſe Charms Church Court Crown dead Death Delight doth e'er Eyes Face fair fall Fame Fate fear fight Fire firſt Foes Force France French Friends gain give Grace Hand happy hath Head hear Heart Heav'n himſelf Honour Hopes juſt kind King Lady laſt late Laws leave lies Light live look Lord Love mighty Mind moſt Muſe muſt Name Nature ne'er never Night o'er once Peace Place play poor Power Praiſe Pride Prince quoth Rage Reign reſt Right riſe Rome ſay ſee ſeems ſelf Senſe ſhall ſhe ſhould ſince ſome ſoon Soul ſtand ſtill ſuch Tears tell thee theſe thing thoſe thou Thoughts thro Till Town true turn Twas Whilſt Whoſe Wind World Wound
226. oldal - By this, poor Wat, far off upon a hill, Stands on his hinder legs with listening ear, To hearken if his foes pursue him still ; Anon their loud alarums he doth hear -• And now his grief may be compared well To one sore sick that hears the passingbell.
372. oldal - And as the Indies were not found, before Those rich perfumes, which, from the happy shore. The winds upon their balmy wings convey...
230. oldal - With this he breaketh from the sweet embrace Of those fair arms which bound him to her breast, And homeward through the dark laund runs apace; Leaves Love upon her back, deeply distress'd. Look how a bright star shooteth from the sky, So glides he in the night from Venus...
373. oldal - Peace is not freed from labour, but from noise ; And war more force, but not more pains employs...
50. oldal - Mov'd in the orb, pleas'd with the chimes, The foolish creature thinks he climbs: But here or there, turn wood or wire, He never gets two inches higher. So fares it with those merry blades, That frisk it under Pindus' shades. In noble songs, and lofty odes, They tread on stars, and talk with gods; Still dancing in an airy round, Still pleas'd with their own verses' sound ; Brought back, how fast soe'er they go, Always aspiring, always low.
371. oldal - So in this hemifphere our utmoft view Is only bounded by our king and you : Our fight is limited where you are join'd, And beyond that no farther heaven can find.