Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear Arms bear Beauty better Blood Breath Cause Charms Church Court Crown dead Death Delight doth e'er English Eyes Face fair fall Fame Fate fear fight Fire Flame Foes Force France French Friends gain give Grace Grief grow Hand happy hast hath Head hear Heart Honour Hopes keep kind King Lady late leave lies Light live look Lord lost Love mighty Mind Muse Name Nature ne'er never Night o'er once Peace Place play poor Power Praise present Pride Prince Queen quoth Rage Reason Reign rest Right Rome Sense Shame side soon Soul stand strong sweet Tears tell thee thing thou Thoughts thro Throne Till Town true Truth turn Twas Whilst Wife Wind World Wound yield
226. oldal - By this, poor Wat, far off upon a hill, Stands on his hinder legs with listening ear, To hearken if his foes pursue him still ; Anon their loud alarums he doth hear -• And now his grief may be compared well To one sore sick that hears the passingbell.
372. oldal - And as the Indies were not found, before Those rich perfumes, which, from the happy shore. The winds upon their balmy wings convey...
230. oldal - With this he breaketh from the sweet embrace Of those fair arms which bound him to her breast, And homeward through the dark laund runs apace; Leaves Love upon her back, deeply distress'd. Look how a bright star shooteth from the sky, So glides he in the night from Venus...
373. oldal - Peace is not freed from labour, but from noise ; And war more force, but not more pains employs...
50. oldal - Mov'd in the orb, pleas'd with the chimes, The foolish creature thinks he climbs: But here or there, turn wood or wire, He never gets two inches higher. So fares it with those merry blades, That frisk it under Pindus' shades. In noble songs, and lofty odes, They tread on stars, and talk with gods; Still dancing in an airy round, Still pleas'd with their own verses' sound ; Brought back, how fast soe'er they go, Always aspiring, always low.
371. oldal - So in this hemifphere our utmoft view Is only bounded by our king and you : Our fight is limited where you are join'd, And beyond that no farther heaven can find.