Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admirable ancient Antinomian appears Aristophanes Aruz Author believe better Bible Birds Brahmins British called Captain cartouche Champollion character Christ Christian church command death Divine doctrine doubt earth effect enemy English ephah Erastian Euripides expression extemporaneous preaching faith father favour feeling friends give Gospel Greek heart heaven Hindoos Holkar Holy honour Horapollo human hygrometer India interesting Jesus Jews king labours language late living London Lord Mahratta Malwa manner means mind minister Missionary moral nation native nature never Nubia object observed opinion passage persons Philoctetes poet political preaching present Prince Prince of Conti principles Rabbi racter readers received religion religious remarks respect sacred says Scriptures sermons shew society Sophocles spirit style Tapuyas Testament thing tion translation truth volume whole Wolf word writers Xalapa
373. oldal - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
264. oldal - If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them ; thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams : for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
484. oldal - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life...
264. oldal - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
373. oldal - And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
510. oldal - Plucking ripe clusters from the tender shoots ; Their port was more than human, as they stood : I took it for a faery vision Of some gay creatures of the element, That in the colours of the rainbow live, And play i
277. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty...
339. oldal - The storm has gone over me ; and I lie like one of those old oaks which the late hurricane has scattered about me. I am stripped of all my honours, I am torn up by the roots, and lie prostrate on the earth ! There, and prostrate there, I most unfeignedly recognize the Divine justice, and in some degree submit to it.
236. oldal - How charming is divine Philosophy! Not harsh and crabbed, as dull fools suppose, But musical as is Apollo's lute, And a perpetual feast of nectar'd sweets, Where no crude surfeit reigns.
446. oldal - Not in the least," replied the pendulum; " it is not of six strokes that I complain, nor of sixty, but of millions." *'" Very good," replied the dial; " but recollect, that though you may think of a million strokes in an instant, you are required to execute but one; and that, however often you may hereafter have to swing, a moment will always be given you to swing in.