Calmet's Great Dictionary of the Holy Bible: Scripture illustrated, by means of natural science ... in two parts ... I, An expository index .. II, Inquiries and discussions ... conducted principally by the editor of Calmet's dictionary
Samuel Etheridge, 1814
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
2dly according agrees ancient animal appears Arabs Assyria bird body brought called carried CHAPTER character colour common consider covered creature David described doubt earth East effect Egypt express feet figure fire fish four fruit give given ground hand head Hebrew Holy horns idea import inhabitants instance Jerusalem Jews kind king known land leaves length less light living locust Lord manner means measure mentioned Moses mount mountains nature observe occasion original passage passed perhaps Persian person plant plate present probably prophet reason received refer remark rendered rock sacred says Scripture seems seen sense serpent side signifies situation speaks species stones suppose taken temple thing thought tion translation Travels tree usually VERSE Vide walls whole wild wood word
343. oldal - Thus saith the Lord ; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord ; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border.
497. oldal - I spake openly to the world ; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple- whither the Jews always resort ; and in secret have I said nothing. 21 Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.
445. oldal - Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger.
463. oldal - And David went up by the ascent of mount Olivet, and wept as he went up, and had his head covered, and he went barefoot : and all the people that was with him covered every man his head, and they went up, weeping as they went up.
492. oldal - And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
436. oldal - For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land...
497. oldal - In this thing the LORD pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon: when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the LORD pardon thy servant in this thing.
482. oldal - And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
456. oldal - Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee : be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee : cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
429. oldal - Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.