Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
acquaintance Acts afterwards allow amongst amusement Apostles appear bishop of Carlisle Bishop of Durham Bishop of Elphin called Carlisle Christ Christianity church circumstances clergy conjecture consequently Dalston death divine duties eminent Emperor of China Epicurus Epistles Evidences of Christianity expressed father favour feeling fond friends Giggleswick give Gospel habit inclination instance interest Jews Josephus Judaea least lectures letter living Lord Luke manner marked Matt matter Meadley ment mind miracles Moral Philosophy natural Natural Theology neighbourhood never object observation occasion opinion Paley Paley's particular party perhaps person Pharisees political preaching present principles proof Public Characters racter reason religion residence rience scarcely Scriptures seems sentiments sermons speak spirit superior suppose thing thou thought tion truth unto virtue Wearmouth writing
384. oldal - And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
383. oldal - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are : for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret ; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
380. oldal - And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, 'Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?' 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, 'Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. * For 34 chapter 9: 43 the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
387. oldal - How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare ; and I perish with hunger. I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him. Father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son ; make me as one of thy hired servants.
383. oldal - Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
383. oldal - Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works : for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, and love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,...
386. oldal - Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
386. oldal - He spake this parable unto them, saying, what man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it ? and when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, rejoice with me ; for I have found my sheep which was lost.