Statuts de la province du Canada
S. Derbishire & G. Desbarats, Imprimeur des lois de la Très-Excellente Majesté de la reine, 1855
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Act passed aforesaid amend amount apply appointed Assembly assessment authority Bank Books buildings By-laws called Capital Stock cause City Clerk Company consent constituted copy Corporation Council Councillors County Court currency deemed deposit Directors District Division duty effect election enacted entitled established exceeding five follows force further give given Government Governor granted held hereby hereinafter hold holders hundred incorporated interest intituled issued Justice lands lawful Legislative less liable limits Lower Canada Majesty Majesty's manner meeting Members ment mentioned months Montreal Municipality necessary notes notice paid Parish Parliament party payment penalty person pounds present President Provided Province Proviso Public purchase Quebec Railway receive Register regulations Reign repealed respectively road School securities Session Shareholders shares shillings Stock subscribed taken therein thereof thousand tion Town Township transfer United Upper virtue vote
263. oldal - ... and also upon the Magdalen islands, for the purpose of drying their nets and curing their fish ; provided that, in so doing, they do not interfere with the rights of private property, or with British fishermen, in the peaceable use of any part of' the said coast in their occupancy for the same purpose.
348. oldal - ... it shall be sufficient to describe such instrument by any name or designation by which the same may be usually known, or by the purport thereof, and in such manner as to sufficiently identify snch instrument, without setting out any copy or fac-simile of the whole or any part thereof.
351. oldal - ... conviction, without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the same.
255. oldal - On the trial of any issue joined, or of any matter or question, or on any inquiry arising in any suit, action, or other proceeding in any court of justice, or before any person having by law, or by consent of parties, authority to hear, receive, and examine evidence, the parties thereto, and the persons in whose behalf any such suit, action, or other proceeding...
266. oldal - Majesty further engages to urge upon the Parliament of the Dominion of Canada and the Legislature of New Brunswick, that no export duty, or other duty, shall be levied on lumber or timber of any kind cut on that portion of the American territory in the State of Maine watered by the river St. John and its tributaries, and floated down that river to the sea, when the same is shipped to the United States from the province of New Brunswick.
267. oldal - Newfoundland in their laws enacted for carrying the foregoing articles into effect, then this article shall be of no effect; but the omission to make provision by law to give it effect, by either of the legislative bodies aforesaid, shall not in any way impair any other articles of this treaty.
259. oldal - ... or extract therefrom shall be admissible in evidence in any court of justice, or before any person now or hereafter having, by law or by consent of parties, authority to hear, receive and examine evidence...
266. oldal - Lawrence and the canals in Canada used as the means of communicating between the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean, with their vessels, boats, and crafts, as fully and freely as the subjects of Her Britannic Majesty, subject only to the same tolls and other assessments as now are or may hereafter be exacted of Her Majesty's said subjects ; it being understood, however, that the British Government retains the right of suspending this privilege, on giving due notice thereof to the Government of the...
970. oldal - ... holder of one share or more, stating the number of shares, and is indebted in the sum of money to which the calls in arrear amount in respect of one call or more, upon one share or more, stating the number of calls and the amount of each call, whereby an action has accrued to the Company...
267. oldal - Articles shall remain in force for the period of ten years from the date at which they may come into operation ; and further until the expiration of two years after either of the High Contracting Parties shall have given notice to the other of its wish to terminate the same...