Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Israel in Egypt; Or, the Books of Genesis and Exodus, Illustrated by ...
William Osburn, Jr.
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Aaron according afterwards already altogether ancient Ancient Egypt Aphophis appears authorities behold Bible brethren brought called Canaan cattle character children of Israel circumstances command daughter death Delta dynasty Egyptian entire epoch event evidence existing Exodus fact famine father fearful give gods Greek hand head Hebrew Heliopolis hieroglyphic illustration important inspired interval Israelites Jacob Jehovah Joseph king of Egypt kingdom land of Egypt lists living Lord Lower means Memphis ments monarchy monuments Moses narrative natural never Nile occasion occurred pass passage period Pharaoh picture present princes probably Ramses recorded reign remains river seems servants Sethos shepherds successor taken temples Thebes thee thing thou tion tomb took tribe unto Upper whole worship written
73. oldal - And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear ; therefore is this distress come upon us.
281. oldal - And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
266. oldal - And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages.
97. oldal - And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph, your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
276. oldal - By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter ; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season ; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.
281. oldal - And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice : for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee.
87. oldal - And he asked them of their welfare, and said, Is your father well : the old man of whom ye spake ? Is he yet alive ? And they answered, Thy servant our father is in good health ; he is yet alive.
333. oldal - Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to...
281. oldal - And he said, Draw not nigh hither : put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face ; for he was afraid to look upon God.