Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Academy appear arms asked Austrian banks become believe better body called cause close coming course cried Curate dear don't door doubt Emperor England eyes face fact feel fellow felt force France French gave give Government half hand head hear heard heart hope hour interest Italy kind King knew Lady Lady Ana land least leave less light live look Maitland matter mean ment mind Miss morning mother nature never night nurse once passed perhaps Poland poor position present question round Russia seemed seen sent ships side stand stood strong sure taken talk tell thing thought tion told Tony took turned Wentworth whole young
1. oldal - Wasoga and Waganda fishermen coming out in boats and taking post on all the rocks with rod and hook, hippopotami and crocodiles lying sleepily on the water, the ferry at work above the falls, and cattle driven down to drink at the margin of the lake, — made, in all, with the pretty nature of the country — small hills, grassy-topped, with trees in the folds, and gardens on the lower slopes — as interesting a picture as one could wish to see.
16. oldal - I had given him with his own hands, and giving it full-cock to a page, told him to go out and shoot a man in the outer court ; which was no sooner accomplished than the little urchin returned to announce his success, with a look of glee such as one would see in the face of a boy who had robbed a bird's nest, caught a trout, or done any other boyish trick. The king said to him, 'And did you do it well?
2. oldal - But I felt I ought to be content with what I had been spared to accomplish; for I had seen full half of the lake, and had information given me of the other half, by means of which I knew all about the lake, as far, at least, as the chief objects of geographical importance were concerned.
8. oldal - There courtiers of high dignity stepped forward to greet me, dressed in the most scrupulously neat fashions. Men, women, bulls, dogs, and goats, were led about by strings ; cocks and hens were carried in men's arms; and little pages, with...
216. oldal - Hemmings volunteered to walk with her to the corner ; and it is not necessary to say that she immediately plunged into the topic which at that moment engaged all minds in Carlingford. " If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I should not have believed it,
414. oldal - ... without actual malice, and without gross negligence; and that before the commencement of the action, or at the earliest opportunity afterwards...
309. oldal - Saturday night it had somewhat abated. The Bank had taken a firm and deliberate resolution to make common cause with the country, as far as their humble efforts would go.
113. oldal - This is a matter for serious reflection. Let us not delay taking a decision until sudden and irresistible events disturb our judgment and draw us in spite of ourselves in opposite directions. I now, therefore, propose to your Majesty to regulate the present and to secure the future by means of a Congress.