A Spiritual Treasury for the Children of God: Consisting of a Meditation for the Morning of Each Day in the Year, Upon Select Texts of Scripture ...
Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1765 - 510 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections assurance believe beloved blessed blood body bring called carnal cause Christ christian comfort confidence conscience corrupt covenant daily dear death delight desire disciples distress doth earth elect enemy enjoy eternal everlasting evil experience eyes faith Father fear feel flesh fruits give glorify glorious glory God's gospel grace hand happy hath hear heart heaven Hence holy honour hope humble Jesus John joyful keep knowledge light live look Lord lusts mind nature never object Paul peace perfect poor pray prayer precious present pride promises reason receive rejoice rest rich righteousness saints saith salvation Satan saved Saviour sense sight sinners sins soul speak Spirit suffer sure sweet thee thine things thou thou art thou hast thoughts true truth unto views walk wisdom wrath
114. oldal - Thy words were found, and I did eat them ; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of Hosts.
414. oldal - But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
279. oldal - Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
156. oldal - What shall we say then ? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein...
261. oldal - Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations : that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.
112. oldal - My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written; Which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
225. oldal - The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
145. oldal - But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so. your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.