Sermons, on Several Subjects
Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme, 1808 - 525 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according action allow answer Apostle appear assistance become believe body bring called carry cause character Christ christian concerning condition conduct consequence considered continually conversion course death devotion difficulties disposition doctrine duty effect endeavours evil expect expressions fact Father feel follow future give given God's grace habit hand happiness hath hear heart Holy hope human importance influence instance Jesus John kind known least less lives look Lord manner mean mind motives namely nature necessary never object observe occasions operation ourselves particular Paul person practice pray prayer present principle produce question reason regard relates religion religious respect rule salvation scripture sense serious sincere sins soul speak Spirit strong things thoughts tion true truth turn unto vices virtue whole worship
306. oldal - What shall we say then ? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein...
282. oldal - God commendeth his love toward us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
221. oldal - As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel. Behold, all souls are Mine: as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine : the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
173. oldal - And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
220. oldal - The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
307. oldal - God; who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who, by patient continuance in well-doing, seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life; but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath: tribulation and anguish upon every soul of man that doeth evil...
154. oldal - And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be near unto me, thou and thy children, and thy children's children, and thy flocks and thy herds, and all that thou hast. And there will I nourish thee (for yet there are five years of famine), lest thou, and thy household, and all that thou hast, come to poverty.
363. oldal - For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
157. oldal - And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.
408. oldal - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man : but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.