Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acetic acetic acid acid gas albumen alcohol alkali ammonia analysis animal appears atoms of oxygen azote barytes Berzelius blood bodies calorimeter carbonic acid chemical chemists chlorine chyle clay slate colouring matter combination combustion composed of 100 composition compound considered consists constitute contains copper crystals Davy decomposed determine dissolved Ditto 24 employed evaporated examined experiments fibrin fluid formed gases gives grains granite Hence hydrogen integrant particle Lavoisier lime liquid manganese Memoir metal method mucus muriatic acid needle nitrate nitric acid observed obtained oxide oxygen oxygen gas oxymuriatic gas paper peroxide phosphate portion potash precipitate produced properties proportion protoxide published quantity of oxygen radicle result rock salt soda soluble solution specific gravity specific heat substance sulphate sulphuret sulphuric acid suppose temperature theory thermometer tion tube ulmin uric acid urine vapour veins vessel volume weight yellow
242. oldal - As described to me, it resembled pretty much our common clocks and clock cases, but less ; for it was not above four feet in height, and of a proportionable breadth. There was a dial-plate at top with figures of the hours. The index was turned by a piece of wood, which either fell or rose by water dropping.
323. oldal - He was blessed with a very happy and vigorous constitution ; he was of a middle stature, and plump in his latter years ; he had a very lively and piercing eye, a comely and gracious aspect, and a fine head of hair, as white as silver, without any baldness, and, when his peruke was off, was a venerable sight.
235. oldal - These several Lectures are so arranged, that no two of them interfere in the hours of attendance; and the whole is calculated to form a complete course of medical and chirurgical instruction.
243. oldal - A secret art my soul requires to try, IF prayers can give me, what the wars deny. Three crowns distinguished here in order do Present their objects to my knowing view. Earth's crown, thus at my feet, I can disdain, Which heavy is, and, at the best, but vain. But now a crown of thorns I gladly greet...
322. oldal - He was exceedingly courteous and affable, even to the lowest, and never despised any man for want of capacity ; but always expressed freely his resentment against any immorality or impiety. He not only showed a great and •constant regard to religion in general, as well by an exemplary life as in all his writings...
77. oldal - Gunsmiths, for a cock for drawing liquor from casks, which produces a stop superior to that which is effected by common cocks, and will continue in use for a longer period of time...
127. oldal - Supposing oxygene and oxymuriatic gas to belong to the same class of bodies; the attraction between them might be conceived very weak, as it is found to be, and they are easily separated from each other, and made repulsive by a very low degree of heat. The most vivid effects of combustion known, are those produced by the condensation of...
322. oldal - He was so little vain and desirous of glory from any of his works, that he would have let others run away with the glory of those inventions which have done so much honour to human nature, if his friends and countrymen had not been more jealous than he was of his own glory, and the honour of his country.
246. oldal - Mr. Overton, the warden of the mint, is made one of the commissioners of the customs, and the king has promised me to make Mr. Newton warden of the mint.